+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just wanted to add my support and I fully echo what @babyla said above.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

babyla  (09-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Well the last night at the hospital was . The nightshift midwives were horrible. They finally gave me formula for him but made me feel like I was a terrible mother for using it. They also refused to help me hand express, even though the day shift midwives had helped me. They just gave me the stuff & told me to do it. After 2 hours when id only got 4 drops & they came back & found me bawling they were just like 'oh well everyone goes through this, you just have to deal with it'. I sat there most of the night trying to hand express unsuccessfully, crying & feeling like a terrible mother.

Tonight was also pretty bad. I managed to express a bit with a pump but it was only 2 feeds worth. I tried to pump again later but they were too engorged & it was too painful. Now my breasts are so painful & I cant even express to get it out. So we have to give our baby formula again

The lactation consultang said I need to pump during the night but im struggling to be able to - bubby just wont settle & the second I sit down to start pumping he starts screaming again. Im starting to get really upset & frustrated now!!

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    What a bunch of biatches. No empathy whatsoever. I had a rough stay in hospital too and all I wanted was for someone to smile at me and say "you're having a tough time you poor thing how can I help?". Is there a Midwife you trust who you can say something a of needing more help? Or can your partner have a word to someone on your behalf?

Hugs xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have had success! The lactation consultant recommended nipple shields initially while im so engorged & they worked immediately! Bub went straight on & latched immediately & ive been breastfeeding ever since!

This weekend or early next week we will be working on transitioning off the nipple shields.

I still plan to express so that dh can also feed our son as he really enjoyed it, but no more formula!

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

GM01  (10-07-2014),Happymum2  (10-07-2014),kw123  (10-07-2014),M'LadyEm  (10-07-2014),MilkingMaid  (10-07-2014),Sookie Stackedhouse  (13-07-2014),Stretched  (10-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news. Well done. Enjoy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So good to hear. I used nipple shields on my left side for a few weeks before bubs went on strike with the shield, but they definitely helped a bit in that time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news lovely

Thanks
    Reviews
    My nipples are killing me again, even with the nipple shields. DS is basically feeding constantly 24/7 at the moment & its murder on my nipples.

Breastmilk & lanolin dont help. Heat & cold packs help for the short time they are on there but dont provide any lasting relief. Sunlight isnt an option unless I want my male teenage neighbours to see my breasts every time they decide to use their trampoline.

Its really painful for anything to touch them, including my bra/top. I have to cover them in the shower cause the water hitting them hurts so much. Im wincing & almost crying when I feed.

According to the midwife at the hospital - 'breastfeeding is meant to be painful' so I was just wondering if the pain will ever get better?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sending big hugs!!! I know how hard it can be as I have a newborn at home as well (with the obligatory cracked nipples). What is working for me- ensuring I don't feed baby every time she is upset (I try to wait 3 hours between feeds- doesn't always work). Feed from one side at a time. Offer dummy. Resting nipple and expressing. I've also used nipple shields and found them helpful- just need to make sure baby latches well otherwise ouch. Also, been wearing breast Shells to air nipples.
    And when it's all been too much I've given bubs a bottle of formula. Good luck xxx.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cant express properly, ive given up trying because it takes so long to get anything

I dont know how to wait 3 hours between feeds when he wants to feed non-stop & if I dont let him he screams to the point of becoming distressed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    have you tried cabbage leaves in the fridge then put them in your bra. it really helps to soothe your breasts. So sorry to hear your having a rough time have you tried calling breast feeding association they may be able to give you some more advice. I hope things pick up for you soon I know how you feel it is tough when pumping try leaning forward and run hands from top of breast to nipple slowly helps to drain also light squeezing left and right then top and bottom can help. xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast