+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I have 21 months between my boys. It's perfect. No jealousy, I was still in the 'baby' phase so it wasn't a huge shock to my system when #2 came along, it's been absolutely lovely.

Me, he and our two boys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have 5 kids with all sorts of age gaps. The 18-24 month difference is the best here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I have 3 kids.

26 months between 1 & 2.

4.5 years between 1 & 3.

29 months between 2 & 3.

I like the 2/2.5 year age gap.

When my youngest was about 6 months old, my eldest was drawing pictures of our family and would often leave out her baby sister. She just wanted her old family back. I think it was more difficult for her to adjust at 4.5 yo than 26 months when her brother was born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a 3yr gap between ds1 and ds2 which is what we hoped for.
    When ds2 was born ds1 was toilet trained, could talk well, was sleeping through the night and in his big bed. He was going to kindy 2 afternoons a week so I had that bit if one on one time with ds2 which I think was important. Ds1 was also quite in dependant able to get himself a drink or food from the fridge not to mention was old enough to help with ds2 which he loved. The following year ds1 was in 4 half day kindy so I had that extra one on one time with ds2.

This time we will have a 3.5yr gap between ds2 and ds3 so things will be pretty much the same as they were between the first 2 except ds3 will be born in the later half of the year meaning he will be in kindy 4 half days sooner.

The age gaps also made it easier to go back to work as we have never had more than 1 in daycare so it's been affordable.

Worked out perfect for us, we didn't want our kids age gaps to be less than 3 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 4 daughters.
    DD1 & 2 are 23 months apart
    DD2 & 3 are 10.5 months apart
    DD3 & 4 are 2.2 years apart.

Out of all the gaps I've loved the under 12 months the best. They grew together, had very similar routines, and hit milestones not long after one another. They also play so well together even now at ages 4 & 5.
    I still really want another baby so if I'm lucky in the near future we will get number 5 which will be about 4 years difference between DD4 and baby. Will hopefully see how that gap goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 5.5 year gap (planned 4 years, life doesn't go to plan).

Mostly it has lots of positives, but it really will depend on each child's personalities. My eldest is quite high-energy, so likes playing with a toddler. Having the older child able to help out and help themselves is awesome. I had time between kids to retrain into a more family-friendly career. I didn't find it hard to adjust to the baby stage again, in fact I love that I get so much time alone with the baby while DD is at school.

The only negatives would be there if I had other kids between anyhow (eg. if I had a 6yo, 3yo and 1yo). The gap means their interests and abilities are quite different, so it makes choosing activities/outings they will both enjoy harder. The school run and out of school activities interrupt baby's routines. Older kids toys and craft stuff = So many choking hazards + a baby who puts EVERYTHING in his mouth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 4 boys
    Ds1-ds2 2 years 11 months apart
    Ds2-ds3 3 years
    Ds3-ds4 2 years 4 months

I love all my age gaps but if I had a choice I would of had them all closer together but it wasn't meant to be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our gaps are:

DS1 & DS2: 23 months
    DS2 & DS3: 2.5yrs
    DS3 & belly babe : 2yrs 3months.

I think the 2.5yr gap suited us best. DS2 was toileting himself, and was pretty independent and happy to play while i fed DS3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    15 month age gap is all I have and so obviously it is all I know but I love it. They are now both toddlers and the best of friends. So much fun to be around! I hope to have another two with that age gap at the most!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The closer age gap is way better IMO. So much easier!!
    Last edited by yadot; 08-06-2015 at 07:29.