+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What age gaps are better?

Do you find having kids with closer age gaps better to ones with over a yr between?
    And how many kids do you have ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't help with the close age gap but I have 4 years between mine and love it! Wasn't planned that way, we started trying pretty much as soon as DD1 was born but wasn't that easy. But I have found the bigger gap good because DD1 understands when I tell her why I can't drop everything and give into her every needs like she was used to. She gets that a baby needs a lot of time. Where as I don't know she would have if she were younger?

But I also imagine there would be massive pro's to having them close together, I like the idea of having 2 so close in age they'd be best friends. I want to fall pregnant again now but DH isn't as keen so I imagine we'll have another big gap between our second and third.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I have 16 months between my boys (who are 2.5 and just over 1) and it's been hard work!!! But I figure once they are both out of nappies and a bit older it should get easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    2.5yrs apart

Pros-
    - they're two boys, aged 2 and 4.5yrs now, they have heaps of fun playing together.
    - they'll be in school together quicker (avoid two drop offs at Childcare and the high school age. )

Cons- I have two home now, if I waited one more year to have ds2,then ds1 would be at school this year. It's hard work having two at home!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 4 years beteeen my two (not on purpose) but I actually really like it even though I originally thought it would be to big a gap. I really don't think I could have handled a smaller gap like originally planned.
    But my idea of a perfect age gap is different from someone else's.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    4yrs 9months between my two and I love it so far. Ds is besotted with his baby sister and there has not been even a hint of jealousy. He keeps telling me she is perfect the way she is and doesn't want her to grow bigger, lol.

We are planning a third, but will be aiming for a closer gap this time. Only really because we don't want to drag out the baby phase too long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I have two years, five months between DD and DS1 and three years, nine months between DS1 and DS2. Both gaps seem to have worked well - they all get on pretty well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What about those who have 3 or more kids?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I have 6 kids over 20 years. Smallest gap is 17 mths and the biggest 6 yrs.
    All gaps have their good and bad points. Mine are better than the other in my books.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Twelve months and ten days between my boys (now. 20mths and. 8mths)

Bloody hard work to begin with but love it in general and wouldn't do a gap any bigger then 18mths max.

Far more pros then cons