+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    About 14 months here, and even now at 2.5 yrs it's still pretty hit and miss. The biggest thing for us was stopping the night time feeds, it meant she stopped waking for a drink and her day naps increased from 20 mins to over 1.5 hours!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    DS1 was between 18 months and 2 when he started but it wasn't consistent until 3 because he would just bring himself in and climb in our bed to go back to sleep some nights.

DS2 has slept all night once... at DF'S parents. He is 17 months old and I am tired..

"Insert witty signature here"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    About 12 weeks, it was spontaneous, over a couple of weeks he gradually started drinking less overnight and sleeping longer until eventually he was sleeping about 10 hours with no overnight feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tadpoles View Post
    DS1 was between 18 months and 2 when he started but it wasn't consistent until 3 because he would just bring himself in and climb in our bed to go back to sleep some nights.

DS2 has slept all night once... at DF'S parents. He is 17 months old and I am tired..

"Insert witty signature here"
    Why is it they always sleep better for grandparents??!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (07-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    Why is it they always sleep better for grandparents??!!
    Mine are the opposite they're all shocking when they sleep over at my mums, mr 1yr old DS3 who never wakes woke twice at my mums on friday night and had to be rocked back to sleep - he hasnt needed to be rocked to sleep since he was 4 months old!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always considered sleeping through for my girls to be when they do a 7 hour stretch, normally 10pm-5am. DD1 was awesome and did it at about 7-8 weeks old and was a great sleeper until 18 months when it all went to crap.

DD2 was a bit harder, she was prem so the first month or so I was waking her every couple of hours for a feed, then once she got through she was just more clingy so I ended up cosleeping with her so I was much more aware of when she woke up.

I think she probably did her first sleep through at about 12 weeks, then it was hit and miss. She's been sleeping from about 6.30pm-5.30am since about 5 months now, but when teething or going through a leap may wake up up to 5 times a night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd is almost 3 and is only just sleeping thru consistently

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't remember their exact ages but both girls would do a 5 hour stretch from birth and 11 to 12 hours by 4 months. One was formula fed the other was breast fed. We didn't encourage it, we just always followed their lead a got them up if they cried (we'd rock and shush them back to sleep, or give a feed if they were really upset). We also did day sleeps in the lounge room and night time in the bedrooms, it helped get them used to day/night really quickly

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    DS was about 4. He was a good sleeper but every night he got up and came into our bed. It was habit and due to other issues going on with him there was no way to gently break this. (He had a profound speech delay and subsequent comprehension issues - possible ASD and as a result was a creature of habit. He simply would not have understood why he could no longer come into our bed and it would have completely broken his world so we let it go until he was able to talk about it. He would actually sleep through the night from about 6 months if we co-slept from onset.

DD was 2 years old. She was a nightmare sleeper. Even now at 3.5 most nights she will wake once or twice and call out to us. Last night she had a bad dream, another night she wants a drink, teddy, blankets etc.

Co-sleeping has saved my sanity.

ETA: I've been awake since 3am this morning after DD woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I have a love hate relationship with co-sleeping. If I do it early in the morning (say from 3 or 4am) it works fine and I can get a bit more sleep but any earlier than that and i just cannot sleep with a baby / toddler in my bed. I don't know why - I just cannot sleep with them in the bed. I find it a little frustrating when co-sleeping is held up as the ideal as it hasn't been my experience at all.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Donnab739  (08-07-2014),MsViking  (07-07-2014)