+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vent here wish they would offer a scheme like first homebuyers grant to people other

We had to sell our house due to relocating interstate for work. We couldn't keep the house as we couldn't manage the difference in rent and mortgage repayments w as too much to handle. Anyway we have relocated back home and over renting wish there was a way to get around saving for a deposit of at least $30000. It's hard. I see so many ads for all these new homes which we could afford but because we are not first home buyers we do not qualify. Just a vent very frustrating
    Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally understand. When your not 20 living at home to save a deposit, living in the real world, paying bills and rent and trying to save for not only a deposit but stamp duty, it's ridiculous! Hopefully one day we will get there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks we will get there but just seems hard atm

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally understand!
    We managed to get FHOG but still needed $25k to get in, if it wasn't for an inheritance we wouldn't have had a house of our own for a long time! It's just a lot to save up when life is still going on around u!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's frustrating, but I guess they believe as previous owners we would have "deposit" from the sale of our previous property.
    Unfortunately it doesn't work this way all the time. We've "lost" 40k on the place we are in now. It will take years to recover that loss we're pretty much stuck here until the market improves and we pay off more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wish they'd still have it for non brand new houses, it would have been really handy but we missed out by around a year which means now we will just never get a first home buyers grant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, ours was around 200 we could barely get approved so a brand new home was not happening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My friends just got a $500k loan with no deposit - their parents had to go guarantor though. Could you do something like that maybe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally I'd stick away from those types of loans, if something goes bad on ur loan and ur house gets repossessed there's chances that your parents could as well... I know I wouldn't but you don't know what could happen if you loose your job tomorrow kwim?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Assuming you met the criteria, you would have been eligible for it when you bought your first home, what you did after that was your choice.

Many people could afford a mortgage but are unable to save the deposit, it sucks but it's fair. Owning a home isn't a right.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

delirium  (15-07-2014),Stretched  (15-07-2014)