+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    What an upset!! Contador out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Holy sh*t!!!

I was watching and saw he was in a bad way, but only reading the news this morning did I realise he BROKE his leg and may require surgery... he rode on for another 20km after that crash! With a broken leg! Hardcore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Yep, totally hardcore. The TDF is the most challenging tournament there is.

I feel sorry for Contador, but things are looking pretty bright for our own Taswegian Richie Porte!! It's going to be nail biting.

So much more interesting than the years where it's a done deal. I found Chris Froome's tour a bit boring to be honest - the only exciting thing was watching Cav's sprints.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What a wuss. His broken leg can't have been that bad if he cycled another 20km

[JK]

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (15-07-2014),ScubaGal  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    What a wuss. His broken leg can't have been that bad if he cycled another 20km

[JK]
    LOL. Makes me think of Tyler Hamilton who finished the race with a broken shoulder or collarbone or something. #hardcore

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I am so incredibly sad for Contador. He was shattered .... I knew it had to be serious for him to climb off his bike

Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post

VINCENZO NIBALI

(in case you didnt guess, I like him .. and he won and took yellow)

But - the show must go on ... and Nibali has it pretty much wrapped up now. He only needs to stay upright and its his. Which is amazing considering his form so far this year has been less than it normally is.

Nibali is an INCREDIBLY versatile rider - he is one of the few GC riders to ride the classics ... and he deserves this.

This win (if he gets it) will give him a win in each of the 3 grand tours, plus podiums in 3 of the 5 monuments (the most prestigious of the 1 day races - think grand slams of tennis). And the way he rode the cobbles in this Tour, he could easily have a shot at the other 2

Porte - he should get 2nd provided he rides well and doesnt fall off. Which is a fantastic result for him. He has ridden extremely well since coming to Sky - 2011 in support of Wiggins and would have podiumed last year except for a crash and the peloton riding super hard to distance him early on.

He was slated to be team leader at the Giro d'Italia this year - but illness and lack of form (as well as some other issues in the team) saw him pull out to concentrate on supporting Froome for the Tour. He was not expecting to do well as his build up has been less than ideal. So to be on the podium in Paris will be amazing for him.

He comes across as a super nice guy too.

Third place on the podium I would think will go to Valverde - and if Porte has an off day he might challenge him for second. Valverde has been in rampaging form all year, and has the climbing and Time Trialling skills to be up there.

No one is getting back 2'30" on Nibali though.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    And for the other jerseys

Green - they might as well give it to Sagan now.

King of the Mountains - JRod will get this comfortably. Its not really fair to have someone of his calibre riding for a lesser jersey ... he has lost enough time to be allowed to do as he pleases, and will take quite a lot of points on every mountain stage - and quite possibly stay out there to win a couple of stages to boot.

White - that one is still in play. My pick would be Romain Bardet - but Kwiatkowski and Pinot will both fight hard for it, and Kwia especially can time trial well (though his climbing is less than the other 2)

Sprint in Paris - Kittel should take it again (provided of course that he makes the time cuts through the mountains )

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (15-07-2014)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Gee you girls are really up with who is who. I really just watch for the scenery, the crashes and the butts And I love Mick Rogers, he just sounds like such a lovely chappy

**As you read this, you are hurtling across the galaxy at 220 kilometres per second **

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

GM01  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    another transition stage ...

I am actually hoping Sagan doesnt win - I know he is a major talent and all but I dislike him so would like to see him not win a stage here

Then we get to the mountains

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I feel a bit bad for Sagan in that no one will work with him but I guess if you know the guy is that good at finishing - why would you expend your energy for no result of your own. In saying that - he's had to settle with second a fair bit lately.

From what I've seen on tele, he looks like a bit of a larrikin.What's the low down on him from your cycling @BH-KatiesMum?

Looking forward to the alps!