+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    VP, can I just say (with much affection) this gives me such a chuckle. I read so many of your posts in days gone by saying "babies need this...", " do this and baby will do that", and I'd think to myself "just wait until you have another baby!".
    I don't know the background story here but I have always said it's easy to be the perfect parent with all the answers with one baby! It's probably why no. 2 is always different to no. 1, they stop the parents from being too cocky! haha

ETA - wow this post is messed up. I wanted to quote stretched.[/QUOTE]

I am so grateful DS1 was so difficult... had DS2 been my first I would have been such an annoying parent, he's a dream.

Sent from my XT925 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (06-07-2014)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    lol I fed mine to sleep and she was bottle fed

you do whatever works.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (07-07-2014),katiana  (07-07-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fed my DS to sleep up until the end of our BF journey at 18 months. I can't think of a single issue that came from it it was a wonderful bonding experience

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've fed both of mine to sleep DD1 was BF and no issues, she stopped at about 12 months and was happy to go to bed at bedtime awake or asleep.

DD2 I did when she was BF and I still do at 10 months and she's now FF. It works for us and she's a great sleeper (apart from teething... Then she's a horrible sleeper ha)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I fed all three of mine to sleep. They are 8, 6 and 2.5 now and it's a time I look back on with a lot of fondness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I fed all three of mine to sleep. They are 8, 6 and 2.5 now and it's a time I look back on with a lot of fondness.
    Me too! Now that DD2 is FF... DH and I actually fight to do the bedtime bottle. I love sitting down and snuggling with them before bed

Thanks
    Reviews
    I worried about this 'rule' too with my first. By 4 mths I learnt quickly that there are no rules, just common sense. I helped my boy learn to fall asleep many diff ways early but def fed to sleep throughout his first yr when needed. I loved it and glad I learned quick it doesn't ruin them. On a scale of 0-10 DS1 is a 9 sleeper. ☺️ Slept through early, minimal disruptions to his sleep through development/regressions & sickness.
    Someone did make a valid point though. If it makes you happy and bub sleeps for others too, then what's the harm. If it starts to effect you then mix up how you put bub down xx
    Enjoy the snuggles..

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd2 is 10months and I've fed her to sleep from the minute she was born. I was determined to do things different than first time around with dd1 who I was only able to bf for 3 months. Feeding to sleep has been relaxing and enjoyable for me, I have loved those special cuddles. However, I wish I had stopped doing it months ago. Her sleep had gotten progressively worse. She wakes more times over night than I can possibly count starting with at least 3 times before I go to bed. As the cycle continued I have become more and more tired and give in to her desire to use me as a dummy. So much so, that from about 3am onwards she often sleeps permanently attached to the boob. I have not had a full nights sleep since she was born, not even close. It's really affected the whole family because she won't settle for dh, it means we have very little time together, i get next to no time without her (day and night), it makes going out stressful because I worry about her and the person I have left her with (dh, grandma or Nonna). So, with all that said, we are off to a sleep and settling clinic tomorrow and I hope we leave changed for the better with as few tears as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Good luck at the clinic Nicole hope things improve for you xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

nicole83  (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    My dd2 is 10months and I've fed her to sleep from the minute she was born. I was determined to do things different than first time around with dd1 who I was only able to bf for 3 months. Feeding to sleep has been relaxing and enjoyable for me, I have loved those special cuddles. However, I wish I had stopped doing it months ago. Her sleep had gotten progressively worse. She wakes more times over night than I can possibly count starting with at least 3 times before I go to bed. As the cycle continued I have become more and more tired and give in to her desire to use me as a dummy. So much so, that from about 3am onwards she often sleeps permanently attached to the boob. I have not had a full nights sleep since she was born, not even close. It's really affected the whole family because she won't settle for dh, it means we have very little time together, i get next to no time without her (day and night), it makes going out stressful because I worry about her and the person I have left her with (dh, grandma or Nonna). So, with all that said, we are off to a sleep and settling clinic tomorrow and I hope we leave changed for the better with as few tears as possible.

Good luck at sleep school xx
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 06-07-2014 at 21:21.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

nicole83  (06-07-2014)