+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thrush down there

I'm just wanting to know what other people would do or have done.
    I have had really really bad vaginal thrush since Wednesday last week. It didn't start slowly, it was just bam. At first I started with cream and on Thursday started on canasten pessaries. On Friday I went to the doctor as I have had bad thrush in January this year. The doctor took swabs for thrush, as well as sti's (she got a Pap smear in too, sneaky lol). The doctor started me on antibiotics because of fevers and feeling generally unwell, and also got me to have a diflucan one tablet. I have taken everything as prescribed but oh my gosh!!
    I am in so much pain, I can barely sit, walk, pee. The lymph nodes in my groun are now big and very sore and I have lower back pain and lower abdo pain. I got some panadine last night to help with pain. I am also on lactobacillus tablets to try and balance things.
    Would you go back to the doctor today, or wait and see what happens and go tomorrow if still feeling crappy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd definitely go back to the doctors. It seems more than thrush. If you're feeling unwell it sounds like an infection. Don't leave it too long. Sorry no ones replied earlier. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have had severe persistent thrush (for 2 years) but never had the pain you are describing so it does sounds like there is more to it. Def get back to the dr tomorrow for those results, hopefully they've had long enough to culture.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thrush shouldn't be that bad. I'd get the the GP ASAP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies.
    I went to ED today. I have pelvic inflammatory disease. So I'm on a whole load of antibiotics now. Will be reviewed again in a couple of days and for an ultrasound to check all the bits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with PP. Thrush can be a little painful, but not that painful - and shouldn't involve lymph nodes.

Head back to the GP tomorrow if you can.

ETA -
    Sorry didn't see reply. Glad you're getting it sorted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that sucks, I had a something similar after my mc. Glad you're getting it sorted and I hope you feel better soon.