Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default TTC with an Autoimmune Disease

Hello ladies,

Just wondering if anyone out there is trying to have a baby while trying to manage an autoimmune disease. Would love to chat and give support, advice and chat with you.

I'll tell more of my story if there are others out there!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also have an autoimmune condition, not TTC but would love to follow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lucymoo View Post
    I also have an autoimmune condition, not TTC but would love to follow!
    Doesn't seem to be anyone else!! Ha!

What condition do you have? I have Graves' disease.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha me too! I've just come off my carbimazole and propranolol after 12 months on them. I need to check my thyroid levels but hate going out! Haha.

26yo single mummy of a beautiful 4yo daughter, Autumn Lucy 💕

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was on PTU. Off them now, thank goodness, I didn't like them. I see an endocrinologist every couple of months to get all my levels checked. He thinks I'm one of those that can swing from under active to over active and back to under. Because I want another bub, he watches my levels closely.

Do you see an endocrinologist or GP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have Hashimotos, but am not TTC.

I think you'll just need to be monitored closely for your first trimester then monitored after that as well. I saw an endocrinologist a couple of months ago and he mentioned this would need to happen if we ever want another baby.

I'm finding it really hard to find the right thyroxine dose I've changed my diet so that I don't eat gluten or sugar and citing it sugar seems to have made a huge difference which is good!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I have Hashimotos I have had 9 pregnancies with 6 bubs over 20 years. I wasnt ttcing that whole time.
    If there is anything I can help with let me know.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Curby View Post
    I have Hashimotos, but am not TTC.

I think you'll just need to be monitored closely for your first trimester then monitored after that as well. I saw an endocrinologist a couple of months ago and he mentioned this would need to happen if we ever want another baby.

I'm finding it really hard to find the right thyroxine dose I've changed my diet so that I don't eat gluten or sugar and citing it sugar seems to have made a huge difference which is good!
    I find the medication for autoimmune diseases really difficult. I hope you can find the right dosage soon.

You're right. My endocrinologist wants to see me as soon as I get a BFP. He's told me it'll probably be a high risk pregnancy. Scares me a little. As much as I've been told PTU is safe during pregnancy, I don't want to go on it.

I really think diet helps. When the graves was really active, I went ate all fresh foods. Cut out processed foods, foods with iodine and sugar. I think it helped. I'm slacker now, but think I need to get strict again.

At my last check up in may my iodine, iron and vitamin d were all really low. Working on fixing that at the moment, once they are all at an appropriate level we'll start ttc conceive again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    I have Hashimotos I have had 9 pregnancies with 6 bubs over 20 years. I wasnt ttcing that whole time.
    If there is anything I can help with let me know.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Thanks anewme. 6 kids is amazing! Do you think your three losses are related to your thyroid? My first pregnancy ended at 9 weeks. During that pregnancy was the first time my thyroid levels were off, I was out on thyroxine. I can't help but wonder if the thyroid hormones had something to do with the miscarriage.

I then fell pregnant with my son. Perfect pregnancy, thyroid was fine for the whole pregnancy. However, the pregnancy triggered the Graves' disease, I was diagnosed when my son was 8 months old. I then had a chemical pregnancy earlier this year. I'm really nervous about more miscarriages. There's a high chance there's no connection but it all scares me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @cheekychook how are you going with your Graves disease and falling pregnant?

I've recently been diagnosed with Graves, currently 5w and started taking PTU yesterday. Bit nervous! would be great to chat to others that are in the same boat.