+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love this thread! My boy is 2.5 and is so so fussy now. Used to eat veggies heaps from forst food to about 15months now its a struggle.. only eats corn.. mash pitato if I hide it in the fork behind some sausage..
    Very frustrating because I worry he isnt eating well.

Brekky is vegemite or cheese toast and weetbix.. hardly touches both but nibbles..

Lunch I always offer vege muffin which he turns his nose up at now so its baked beans or fish fingers or soup (not home made always!) But still he doesnt eat it all. I have even bought his chicken nuggets from maccas and he wasnt phased.. what the.. thought he would go mad at them.

Dinner I have given up on making him special meals he just doesnt touch so he has what we have or ends up with toast if he doesn't touch it.
    Snacks he has banana apple sultanas.. tiny teddies and I started giving muesli bars and now even those arent goof but they are sweet treats.. so I really donr understand this boy!

He is sleeping now but when he wakes im going to make pancakes and mix into the batter frozen blueberries before cooking them.. hopefully he eats those for a bit more fruit.
    Need to get the veg into him more tho

He would have white rice all day every day if I let him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Tonight's effort. ..blueberries, scrambled egg..macaroni and cauliflower cheese nuggets and yogurt.

Ate half eggs.. one mouthful of macaroni... all yogurt. Not interested in blueberries.

Sigh.... Still. .. no tantrums.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sometimes i just feel like crying about this. He says he is hungry but then eats one mouthful.

Its such a waste and im *** over him not having enough energy to do anything because he doesn't eat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Sometimes i just feel like crying about this. He says he is hungry but then eats one mouthful.

Its such a waste and im *** over him not having enough energy to do anything because he doesn't eat.
    Big hugs. I wish there was an easy answer. I cry all the time about food stuff with DD.
    Would the dr prescribe pediasure? Maybe he'd drink it. It comes in different flavours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Big hugs. I wish there was an easy answer. I cry all the time about food stuff with DD.
    Would the dr prescribe pediasure? Maybe he'd drink it. It comes in different flavours.

What flavours? How expensive is it? Im scared he will just then want that all the time and give up on food all together. But the way things are going i might hafto ask.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    DD1 basically loved on banana flavoured up and go for about a year (2 to 3). I used to hate it and felt like a f---ing failure but it was better than nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    DD1 basically loved on banana flavoured up and go for about a year (2 to 3). I used to hate it and felt like a f---ing failure but it was better than nothing.
    Ds#2 has them everyday and begs for more all the time. Its so expensive tho!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Strawberry chocolate and vanilla.
    Yeah. . They worried about that with DD with not wanting food.
    You can also buy powdered tins of it and add it to milks and stuff. For extra calories. But one tin without it being dispensed by a dietician etc would cost $50-60 at this pharmacy.
    I get 1 tin and two slabs of pre made little bottles (24 in a slab) dispensed for $68 through dietician at hospital.

Gee..I don't know. They would only use it if they were concerned about weight gain and low vitamins and minerals. Pediasure is a complete meal replacement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Well i know he is getting ZERO nutrition from food; some vitamins from the up n go bit thats bout it

But because what he does eat is high in carbs he doesnt have a weight issue

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Ds#2 has them everyday and begs for more all the time. Its so expensive tho!
    I know. It's ridiculous and wouldn't really fill her up.

I made sausage rolls for the kids today and they were so divine but the looks on their faces when I put them out was do discouraging. They ate a few between them but jeez. They collectively do my head in.