+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DS is 3 and has a small range of foods he will eat. He has sensory issues and we are awaiting a paed appointment to look into him possibly having ASD. Lately I've laid off trying him on new foods because it's not working.

These are the foods he will eat:
    Cucumber slices
    Toast with peanut butter or vegemite
    Cherry tomatoes
    Carrot sticks (raw)
    Chicken nuggets
    Hot chips
    Spicy bhuja mix
    Custard
    Chocolate
    Vita-weet crackers (the round ones)
    Porridge

He will eat take-away pizza, but won't eat any that I make at home. He will also eat battered fish if it's from the fish & chip shop.

The only fluid he will drink is water.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Gosh. . You start a thread. ..go out.... Five pages later! !!

As for the sleeping all night question. .DD hardly ever sleeps all night! She can eat or not eat it doesn't affect her sleep.
    In fact there have been days when she's eaten no dinner. . no bottle and slept all night. Got up and refused her bottle. . no breakfast and still have tons of energy!!

Today's lunch.
    Biscuits blueberries and cheese. Before and After.
    I would rate this as pretty successful. Not to mention I keep trying to offer her apricot delight. . today she picked it up. tasted and then threw it. Yesterday she's just threw it so progress!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (06-07-2014),Renn  (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Great idea for a thread! My DD varies in how well she eat (in fact, the other thread you referred to is one I started :P).

I don't know about others in that thread, but what I post pictures of is what I give DD...not what she actually eats. Sometimes she'll eat it all, sometimes she'll pick out a favourite, sometimes she won't touch it.

I'm finding DD's definitely getting fussier as she gets older. I find the same as others regarding she'll love something one day, and refuse it the next.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine has all of sudden gone from great eater to fussy I'm so tired from our small age gap I've offered crap foods etc I feel awful but she's eating something as my paed said don't focus on bad fats at her age.

She's had two oranges one steamed dim sim and 5 bottles YES 5 and it's 2pm.

She won't eat and just what's milk she's 15 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh I love this thread! I look at the pics in the other one and feel guilty that I dont put that much effort into DDs food (in particular breakfast & lunch)!!!

DH + Me + DD (born 11/10/12) = our little family

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    Yay! I feel better now about DDs eating!

Same thing every day

Breakfast: white toast with nuttelex and honey (affectionately known as honey toast squares) and soy milk.

Morning snack - some kind of fruit

Lunch - rafferty fruit and veg pouch and sausage or dinosaur nuggets and plain pasta or more honey toast squares and soy yoghurt.

Afternoon snack - dried fruit stick and a soy babychino

Dinner - exactly the same as lunch.

Every day she eats the same. On the days she refuses any of this food, I never know what to give her.

Please tell me there's people on BH who now have older kids who now eat well but didn't as toddlers or young children......pleeeeeease give us some hope or at least reassure us our little 'uns aren't destined for a life unhealthy!

Hugs to you all, its the most frustrating thing in the world, isn't it??
    Here's a story for you ...

My DS1 (now 6) would ONLY eat pasta for dinner as a 2/3 year old. Used to cry and whinge and refuse anything else.

Now as a 6 year old he eats chicken, lamb, fish, medium rare steak, salmon patties, steamed veg just about anything! (He is in the process of being diagnosed with possible aspergus).

He still has a bit of a thing about food in that he won't eat too much 'unhealthy' food. Like if he's already had stuff that day that not really nutritious he'll not eat any thing else unless it's healthy.

But he will try everything offered to him now knowing he can spit it out if he doesn't like it.

My DS2 (3yrs) is a fussy little thing but refuses to eat pasta!!! He'd live off poached eggs, avocado and fruit if I let him... It's a struggle every night at dinner time.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lollo

ETA: well it looks like my DD wanted to have her say on here too lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tonight's offerings...
    Sausage casserole and peas. Strawberry.
    Ate a few mouthfuls of sausages. .. most of her peas. And a strawberry.

And I call tonight's dinner a win. She didn't scream or shake her head or throw it at me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ81 View Post
    Lollo

ETA: well it looks like my DD wanted to have her say on here too lol!

She only eats lollies?

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, another day, another lunch and dinner gone to waste.
    For lunch I made her crumbed chicken strips, wedges and cherry tomatoes on the side. She took one bite of a wedge. That's it.
    For dinner I was sure she'd wolf it down as I made her usual favourite, spaghetti bol with lots of hidden veg. She didn't even taste it.
    She's currently asking for chocolate.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app