+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My ds who turns 4 on Tuesday refused food till he was 2. He is still the fussiest child. If he could eat Nutella sandwiches he would for every meal. But we are really pushing him to eat better. Last night he actually for the first time in his life ate a small serve of mash potato with silverside. He loves apples banana watermelon and grapes. Has only just started to eat mandarins. Finally will eat 1 weetbix with hot milk for breakfast some days. Loves scrambled eggs. And party pies dim sims steamed and noodles. But everyday we battle to get him to eat properly so if by bed time he complains he is hungry I will make him a hot milk milo or activite to give him more vitamins. Each day a step in the right direction. He weighs 14kg and my 1 year old eats more than him and weighs 13kg (he was born 10lb6 so started off huge)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    She's had her standard 2 mouthfuls of cereal. So here's breakfast take 2...
    I should probably just save my time and just tip it straight into the bin directly, but I have keep trying to feed this kid.
    Scrambled eggs with grated carrot and yellow cherry tomatoes and some grated cheese. Lets see how she goes, I'm betting 3 mouthfuls, max.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 06-07-2014 at 10:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Before:
    1404607950990.jpg

I'm guessing the after pic will look pretty much the same

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (06-07-2014),Purple Lily  (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    Can I ask everyone if their kids wake up in the night because they're hungry from not eating much?

I want to try the whole, well if you don't eat this you don't get your honey toast, yoghurt or fruit, but I'm too scared to send DD to bed with no dinner thinking she will wake in the night. Then,on the other hand I worry she will never eat well if I let her go straight to her favourites!

Sorry, I'm an over thinker,over here! :s
    I'e now reached the point where they get dinner or nothing. I have 4 kids and if I only offered their favourites I'd be cooking 4 different meals every night. They don't wake up during the night hungry but they are in the morning and I get them to eat a good breakfast. Works for us.

If it's a genuine dislike then I'll make them something else but if it's just general fussiness then no. DD2 is terrible at trying anything new. Now she will at least take a few bites.

This of course all depends on how strong I'm feeling and whether I'm up to the battle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    My most feared question in our house is "what's for dinner". I hate it when they ask as I know half of them will turn it on and cry or scream. DS now just refuses to come to the table.

It's a circus here some evenings.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (06-07-2014),MrsSS  (06-07-2014),Purple Lily  (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    1404609788664.jpg

Four bites. She then asked for rice. Rice for breakfast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Before:
    Attachment 57418

I'm guessing the after pic will look pretty much the same

I like the yellow cherry tomato idea - I might try that with my fussy 3 yo DD. I'm hoping she may not notice??

She basically eats fruit, crackers, toast with vegemite, chicken nuggets and fish fingers. A little bit of raw carrot or cucumber. I'm always trying to get her to eat my home made creations of muffins/savoury pancakes/alledgedly kid friendly meals and she always refuses them. I'm starting to give up even trying. My mum & MIL just tell me I'm stressing myself out and to just feed her what she wants... I'm not sure a diet of biscuits and chicken nuggets are appropriate so alas I keep trying. Glad to hear I'm not alone!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Redcorset For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (06-07-2014)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I got desperate today and offered him honey on his toast. Two bites. All he wants is fruit bars and arrowroot biscuits, and I wasn't the one who first fed him either of those things. So frustrating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Can I ask everyone if their kids wake up in the night because they're hungry from not eating much?

I want to try the whole, well if you don't eat this you don't get your honey toast, yoghurt or fruit, but I'm too scared to send DD to bed with no dinner thinking she will wake in the night. Then,on the other hand I worry she will never eat well if I let her go straight to her favourites!

I do the eat this or eat nothing with DS1 & DS3 and they both sleep through the night regardless. They are really great eaters though.

DS2 I refuse to do that hard approach with, as he has a genuine reason for struggling with food. Its frustrating but the saying "they wont starve themselves" isnt true for DS2, if he doesnt want to eat something he will starve himself and it causes way more harm than good.

However DS1 used to be fussy. I started the eat this or eat nothing approach at 2.5yrs old. By 3yrs his eating had improved immensely and now he will try almost anything. DS3 isnt at all fussy so far at 1yr old.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

hi, my DD is younger than yours but only once has she woken in the night due to hunger. I couldn't figure out what was wrong because she hasn't had night feeds for so long then finally I tried a bottle and she scoffed the whole thing then went straight back to sleep!

This was after she had eaten literally nothing though for dinner. Unfortunately my MIL had come over that night and decided she wanted to feed her dinner. As well as being fussy over foods DD is also incredibly fussy over who feeds her and often refuses to eat for other people.

Anyway, not sure if that really answers your question! DD is too young to reason with so of she refuses dinner I generally try something else: yoghurt or toast but have been wondering when to stop doing this too.

Oh and I have spoken with DH and put a ban on MIL trying to feed her dinner!