+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Joining this thread!
    My 3 year old's eating turned sour at 2.

She's limited to toast, sandwiches, yoghurt, cheese, cruskits, rice crackers,biscuits, fruit bars, pasta (I can at least pack them with veggie smuggling sauces), potato in most forms, nuggets and, as of the last few weeks, pizza.

Foods that she will sometimes be okay with eating are pumpkin, sweet potato, corn, peas, grapes, water/rock/honeydew melon, honey mustard chicken, rice, spinach & feta rolls, crumbed fish.

I've tried giving her whatever I cook and not offering anything else but she will quite happily go to bed hungry so that doesn't work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demdez View Post
    Oh thank god! I thought I was the worst mum ever! My 18 month old DD will only eat crackers 'bic, bic' she cries all day! Won't touch a vegetable & will only take a nibble of an apple or a banana & then decide it's disgusting!
    Does anyone have any good sneaky recipes that are tasty & hide veggies or fruit?
    I bought the book deceptively delicious. I hide avocado in anything chocolate and my mince recipes include every vege possible (cooked down first) and pumpkin scones are always a winner!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    I bought the book deceptively delicious. I hide avocado in anything chocolate and my mince recipes include every vege possible (cooked down first) and pumpkin scones are always a winner!

I was just coming back to ask if anyone could recommend a book. Thanks

5. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (06-07-2014)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    Can I ask everyone if their kids wake up in the night because they're hungry from not eating much?

I want to try the whole, well if you don't eat this you don't get your honey toast, yoghurt or fruit, but I'm too scared to send DD to bed with no dinner thinking she will wake in the night. Then,on the other hand I worry she will never eat well if I let her go straight to her favourites!

Sorry, I'm an over thinker,over here! :s
    My DS will still occasionally wake up in the night, but only about one in ten nights is it because he's hungry. I start offering him food from about two hours before bedtime, and bring out new little bits about every twenty. He eats what he wants, then I always give him a yoghurt and a bottle. If he's eaten well he won't take much of his bottle, but if not he will drink the whole thing.

I guess my point is I start off trying newish things with something familiar, but always offer him something I know he will eat at the end. It doesn't seem to affect what he eats before hand as in, he doesn't hold off and wait for his yoghurt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im here with you all too! My dd is 2.5 and as a baby are only wonderful fruits, veg and meats, it's was glorious.... Then she turned 2 and she doesn't eat much variety at all, actually at daycare she will eat new things, but at home it's the same pasta, no sauce, nuggets, rice with carrot, corn and peas, um cruskits, rice cakes and majority of fruits. She loves cucumber and will eat that constantly!!!

agh good to know we are not alone! She is very tall and pretty well built, so she must be getting calories, but it's terribly boring.

Oh I forgot, toast with Vegemite, that was dinner last night

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD has become real fusspot of late.
    And not only is she fussy, she eats such tiny portions!
    Her daily diet is usually:

Breakfast = she used to eat weetbix with yoghurt everyday. She now refuses that and yoghurt in any form, she's even gone off the squeeze pouches which she once loved and even Peppa pig tubs won't sway her.
    So she is currently having a small bowl of Nutrigrain with a dash of milk, but she will only take a few mouthfuls. Literally 4-5 and that's it. So I wait an hour and then offer her toast, but I couldn't figure out why she was no longer interested in vegemite on toast; oh yes, DD, you don't like spread on your toast now. That's right, she will only eat dry toast and even then she only nibbles the crusts off and leaves the rest!
    She used to love fruit toast and eat nearly two slices of that which I was happy with, but she refuses to touch that now as well.
    She snacks on fruit, occasionally she will eat a bit of banana, try some apple and maybe some orange and watermelon. This is beginning to get harder as she is going off her once beloved fruit! She used to eat any fruit. She will eat grapes and sultanas happily, but even strawberries are off the menu now.

I used to make her little grazing plates with favourites: sliced ham, baby carrots, baby corn spears and cherry tomatoes. She won't eat any of that now, except maybe some ham and the baby corn.

She won't eat a sandwich. Ever. She won't eat sliced cheese, it must be grated.
    She started eating scrambled eggs with me at breakfast, to which I added spinach, grated carrot and any other veg I could squeeze in. But of course she won't touch that anymore.
    Dinner is either meat and veg or spaghetti bol.
    She will eat crumbed chicken occasionally, and sometimes fish (erm, fingers) and some thinly chopped red meat, but no roast chicken, no potato (in any form) no pumpkin.
    She likes corn on the cob, she will have 2 or 3 bites. I put broccoli on the side of most meals because strangely she attempts to eat it.. again, like a little bird, a couple of bites. She may pick at peas and corn kernels. She does love corn spears straight from the tin, so that's a staple.
    Spag bol she likes. Hot dogs (just the sausage, no bread) noodles (I just use the noodle cake and add baby carrot, spinach and peas to it and cut it all up finely with a little sprinkle of the seasoning) That used to work, but now she's turning her nose up at the vegies I stuff into her noodles.
    I've attempted muffins, quiche, sausage rolls, she won't even taste any of that.

I did baby led weaning with this baby, she's never touched a Jarred food because I didn't want a fussy baby! Now I'm wishing she would eat something packaged, at least you can get veg and meat all in the same jar and if she was used to that she would at least be getting something more nutritious.
    I used to give her baked beans as it's a good form of iron but, you guessed it, she doesn't like them anymore.
    Hope it's just a phase.

Sigh.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 06-07-2014 at 10:21.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (07-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ok ds1 is almost 3 and this is his diet:

Breakfast: Toast with vegemite or yoghurt.

Lunch: Tinned spaghetti or a vegemite sandwich.

Dinner: Pasta with veg sqaushed in the sauce and corn.

Snacks: Grapes, Apple, Kiwi fruit, rice cakes.

He would eat chips every day if he was allowed. He wont eat muffins or anything cakey so I can't hide veg or fruit in that. He used to shovel in every veggie under the sun but will only eat corn and sometimes carrot. We sqaush steamed veg into his pasta sauce but we find he leaves all the sauce at the bottom of his bowl He will eat mince meat on occasion but acts like we have laced his food if we offer him other meats or rice.

We went to my nephews birthday party on the weekend and there were sausage rolls and pastries so I put them on his plate and he refused to eat. So I made him a vegemite sandwich so he at least had something in his belly

As much as fussy eaters are stressful It's nice to know I'm not alone...I always feel like such a terrible parent when I see the range of foods other kids eat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh and like many of you I offer him something new and he will eat it yet the next day wont even look at it..sigh..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I dotn have pics but last night my DS2 (who had SPD and major food aversions) ate 3 pieces of a pork sausage, 2 corn kernals (I kid you not, just 2. If I put more on his plate we get WW3) and a nutella sandwich.

Breakfast this morning was a cereal fruit bar, 2 cups of milk and 4 jatz biscuits.

We have friends coming over for dinner tonight. Adults are having creamy mushroom chicken. Kids are having spaghetti bolognaise. DS2 is having a nutella sandwich and a bowl of homemade chocolate yogo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    So far the only win I have had witj him meat wise is corned beef. He will eat pork sausages (not beef) and cherrios and those foul awful jar sausages from Aldi)

He will not eat anything saucy or messy looking. If it looks like it might make a mess, he will cry and cry until we let him leave the table.

Veggies he will eat is very limited amounts of corn, carrots and pumpkin.
    Fruit, apples (must only ever be red, apparently green ones hurt his mouth, and peeled and cut into small pieces) watermelon (absolutely no seeds, even the seedless watermelon I have to remove those small non seeds) rockmelon, blueberries strawberries and Grapes.

Hos basic diet consists of cereal fruit bars, sandwiches, yoghurt, limited fruit and veggies. He will However eat an entire punnet of blueberries and one of strawberries in one sitting.