+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Here's a reassuring story for us all with fussy eaters
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...wich-diet.html

I remembered this a few years ago on the news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Tonight's dinner was spinach & bacon quiche (untouched), parmesan crumbed zucchini chips (put one on the fork, but didn't eat) and sweet potato chips (she ate a handful). Some progress because she usually won't eat sweet potato, but she's such a stubborn 3 year old... I feel like it's never going to get better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @redlipsandpearls - can I just say 'YUM'!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OurLittleBlessing View Post
    @redlipsandpearls - can I just say 'YUM'!!!!!
    Well I thought it was... If only dd1 agreed.

I've been looking for new ways to encourage eating and it's all the same "Don't push it... repeat offering previously rejected food... involve them in the cooking process". That's not really working. Surely there's some magical answer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Well I thought it was... If only dd1 agreed.

I've been looking for new ways to encourage eating and it's all the same "Don't push it... repeat offering previously rejected food... involve them in the cooking process". That's not really working. Surely there's some magical answer?

what I have found works for DD (some times) is to offer one food at a time instead of a plate of 3-5 things.

So the food I want her to eat most (veg) goes first, then meat /protein, then carbs, then yoghurt, then if still hungry / not cracking a nana, some fruit.

Usually if I give DD too many things at once, she becomes overwhelmed with it all and wont eat the food on her plate that I know she likes, then wont eat anything.

I know it goes against the whole 'theory' that if your child wont eat what you out in front of them you don't go and give them something they want as it 'teaches' them to reject healthy food and only eat the foods they like the taste of. I kind of wish I didn't know that 'tip' as I always have to resort to that to get DD to eat something. I want her to eat more protein and veg, but when she doesn't, id still rather her eat toast, yoghurt and fruit than nothing at all.

Might be worth trying if you don't currently do that.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (08-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    what I have found works for DD (some times) is to offer one food at a time instead of a plate of 3-5 things.

So the food I want her to eat most (veg) goes first, then meat /protein, then carbs, then yoghurt, then if still hungry / not cracking a nana, some fruit.

Usually if I give DD too many things at once, she becomes overwhelmed with it all and wont eat the food on her plate that I know she likes, then wont eat anything.

I know it goes against the whole 'theory' that if your child wont eat what you out in front of them you don't go and give them something they want as it 'teaches' them to reject healthy food and only eat the foods they like the taste of. I kind of wish I didn't know that 'tip' as I always have to resort to that to get DD to eat something. I want her to eat more protein and veg, but when she doesn't, id still rather her eat toast, yoghurt and fruit than nothing at all.

Might be worth trying if you don't currently do that.
    I've just been putting small amounts of each food on her plate so that it doesn't overwhelm her, but I'm definitely going to try just one food at a time tomorrow night. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Marigold. Big big hugs. I don't think I can add any advice. I so sympathize.

DD has eaten two babybels. ..packet of potato stix and a fruit bar plus half pouch of choc custard. All day. That's it.
    Sigh. Offered lots of other yummy morsels. But nope.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (09-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been following along and feel for all of you I have nowhere near as much issue with food in our house but still frustrating.

My oldest daughter(6) lives on protein and not much else. Is becoming quite fussy with vegies and fruit. Doesn't eat much carbs or sugary foods at all. Her choice. Very lean and muscular.

Middle daughter(5) is a carb addict in recovery. Lived off bread/pasta/rice for the last 2 years. About 3 months ago, discovered she likes cucumber and lettuce!! Winning. Also is vegetarian Except for chicken loaf. Hardly a meat. Was very much a shorty and overweight, but now is slimming right down because of growth spurt and less carbs.

Miss 3 is exactly like miss 5. Learned behaviour. Copies her every move. Food is hard in our house. She is Not as overweight as big sis, but solid. We dish up dinner and response is "no dinner for me, just a sandwich please". No Mackenzie, your $30 a kilo lamb cutlets are going to be eaten!!!!😄

Dad won't eat any meat on a bone. No chicken thigh or anything with fat on it. Lives on sausages, mince, schnitzel and rissoles.

Why me!?? I love food!!!! 😃

DH & I Married since 2005
    DD1 March 2008
    DD2 April 2009
    DD3 October 2010

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    We had another win last night, with Mr D trying lettuce of his own accord. Another green food, he usually never eats green food! He didnt like it but the fact that he tried it is just so huge for us.

He also tried some sort of purple lettuce that was on his plate and he hated it but still, he tried it. Amazing.

Buuuut this morning he is back to refusing to eat anything but those cereal fruit bars. *sigh*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay @peanutmonkey!
    I had a win today. DD ate a hash brown. Lol.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (11-08-2014),peanutmonkey  (10-08-2014)