+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    We had DDs skin prick test today and while she still can't have peanuts, most tree nuts and sesame, she can now have egg! Yay! I'm going to make her a zucchini slice full of veg and see if she eats it.

Unfortunately she's intolerant to dairy, so no cheese in it

This was her poor back after the test ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1407846731.518503.jpg

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (05-08-2014),Tamtam  (05-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    In a rare occurrence. .. DD ate and actually ate something she had never seen.
    Cleared today's snack of
    Freeze dried strawberries. ...baby bel cheese and rice bikkie with yogurt.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (06-08-2014),wobbleyhorse  (07-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dd has now decided she doesn't like pasta/mac and cheese and is refusing her coco pops....trying to find substitutes that she will eat instead but not much luck so far- had some luck with fried rice but that's about it. Been eating a lot of toast and custard lately. Feeling like such a slack mum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Dd has now decided she doesn't like pasta/mac and cheese and is refusing her coco pops....trying to find substitutes that she will eat instead but not much luck so far- had some luck with fried rice but that's about it. Been eating a lot of toast and custard lately. Feeling like such a slack mum.
    Gosh. Hate it when they start refusing the food they used to like. :screwy:

I'm about to plate up some scrambled eggs. DD used to love them.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bubub mobile app

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was in tears today. This is just getting beyond the joke. DD eats f!ck all and it's really doing my head in.
    I really tried my hardest with her. I vowed that I'd never "allow" her to become a fussy eater because my DS is a shocker. But it's beyond my control. I read all of the tips and advice about problem eaters and I try everything but nothing works.
    I did baby led weaning with her.
    I make sure I eat with her.
    I offer her a wide variety of foods.
    She just doesn't like to eat
    It's so frustrating and hard not to feel guilty and like a failure.

Today, like most days, I have offered her: breakfast- scrambled eggs with tomato, mushrooms and ham. She picked a few bits of ham out. That's it. Refused to touch the rest.
    An hour later I offered her a bowl of cereal. She stuck her hand in it and gave her spoon a lick before wandering off.
    Next, dried apricots. She actually ate 3 of those, but they're tiny.
    Also gave her a banana and some grapes; didn't touch the banana, ate a couple of grapes.

Bellamy's organic banana smoothie. One sip.

Lunch- salmon/vegie patties and egg/vegie rice, baby corn spears on the side. Patties untouched, a few mouthfuls of rice. She picked up a corn spear, played with it in her hands and put it back down, uneaten.

I then tried to give her a dose of Pentavite which was a disaster. I tried holding her in my lap but she HATES any sort of medicine and even though I managed to prise her lips open and squirt some into her mouth, she spat it back out all over the both of us. This is the point where I had to leave room and locked myself in the toilet so she wouldn't see me cry.

Thinking about what I'm going to feed her for her next meal actually makes me feel so depressed. Everything is wasted, untouched, squished into the floor and all she wants is a bottle of milk. It's all she asks for, all day long. She won't take milk in a cup and I think, at least she's getting something into her. I refused her demands for a bottle of milk all day so it's not she's refusing meals because she's full from having bottles; but have just now put her down for a nap and small 100ml one.

Sigh.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 08-08-2014 at 14:50.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    :-( I feel so sad for you reading this. It's so hard.

Reading that, I am filled with admiration at how persistent you have been. It's not surprising that it hits you sometimes. You're not a failure. Trying everything you can is not failing.

If it makes you feel any better, on Wednesday I resorted to feeding DS baked beans out of the tin. It was literally all he'd eat. Then yesterday? Nope. Over that. For some reason it seems DS will eat everything they give him at childcare but barely anything I make for him. For dinner yesterday he refused everything I offered, and I'll admit I am far less patient than you, and he ended up eating one and a half pikelets, 2 giant strawberries and a squeezie yoghurt. Then a bottle before bed. I constantly feel that I'm setting him up for bad habits because atm he will barely eat anything and I worry I'm giving him a sweet tooth, but on the other hand, I want him to eat *something*, ANYthing.

It's tough. Sorry to turn that into a rant about me. I guess - you're not alone is my point, here x

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

OurLittleBlessing  (08-08-2014),~Marigold~  (08-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so frustrating as parents when we try so hard to give our kids healthy foods but they are so fussy. Let's hope they grow out of it soon.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (08-08-2014)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    A paediatrician told me that baked beans are one of the best things to feed a fussy toddler, so don't feel bad about that at all @harvs
    DD used to eat them but went off them months ago.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (08-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wanted to stick my head in and (hopefully) give you guys some encouragement. I highly doubt anything you are doing is *causing* fussiness.

My first DD was a human vacuum cleaner. Still is actually. And I was a wee bit smug about it... I am so embarrassed to admit that, oh dear....

Then along came DD2. Um, yeah. She just about lived on porridge and cheese from 12 - 24 months. She is 4.5 now and is doing a LOT better, but it didn't happen quickly and there have been many tears along the way (her and me). Although she will now eat small (very small sometimes) amounts of most vegies and fruit and her favourite food is actually curry (weird choice for a fussy eater, but why not!). The biggest thing for me is that she will at least try most new things, whereas before even one pea on her plate was enough to cause a tantrum.

Anyway, just hang in there. Keep on offering the good stuff, but don't worry if they turn their noses up, you might just be surprised where they will be in a few years time.

And in the words of my gorgeous MCHN: 'It's your job to provide the food, their job to eat it'. In other words: it's not your fault!!!
    Last edited by OurLittleBlessing; 08-08-2014 at 14:58.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (08-08-2014),~Marigold~  (08-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marigold any attempts of giving my dd pentavite liquid is a disaster too. I can occasionally sneak in vita sprinkles (chocolate flavoured) into plain yogurt (doesn't work all the time though)

Harvs I would die and go to heaven if dd ate baked beans. They are very healthy and a great option. Much better than toast and custard lol
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 08-08-2014 at 16:50.