+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Urgh thats so frustrating, you want to be happy that she's eating but oh so frustrated at the same time!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I know they get it. I have video. Lol. But so annoying when that happens.
    they are also not for the tube feeds so yeah. .. um... off to dietician tomorrow.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (30-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well after dreading the 18 month check it all went well..... She's only 3rd percentile but they didn't even ask about her eating lol! They said she looks so happy and healthy and is clearly thriving.
    Mind you, I don't take her to an MCHN anymore I just see the nurse in our GP office

Btw she's back to her sparrow eating but I know she's ok. Just annoyed at the wasted food but the dogs love her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How did the dietitian's appt go @Tamtam?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (01-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    How did the dietitian's appt go @Tamtam?
    Hi. Thanks for asking. The dietician was great. She's not concerned about dd's growth as she's tracking along her own little curve. But she did agree that getting a feeding tube done would be good. It will help alleviate pressure at meal times and allow dd to eat when she feels like it.
    So we're in the process of getting referrals to surgeons etc.

However at daycare today she's ate loads and even had some dinner! A piece of lunch meat (Oh so healthy) some custard and steamed broccoli. I also found these freeze dried fruits this week. . They are 'meltable' and dissolve in the mouth. She loves the strawberries one. I recommend trying them! !

Attached Images

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (01-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by btmac View Post
    Attachment 58607

DS2's dinner
    Asian chicken bites (they have green beans, spring onions, garlic, coriander & ginger in them)
    Mixed vege (frozen kind DS1 is home and has emptied the fridge )
    Grated cheese
    Half slice rye toast

He's eaten a couple of the chicken bites (that's his little hand). But nothing else.

He had two mouthfuls of a fruit smoothie for breakfast and no lunch sigh...
    So disheartening when it looks so good! !!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (01-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Hi. Thanks for asking. The dietician was great. She's not concerned about dd's growth as she's tracking along her own little curve. But she did agree that getting a feeding tube done would be good. It will help alleviate pressure at meal times and allow dd to eat when she feels like it.
    So we're in the process of getting referrals to surgeons etc.

However at daycare today she's ate loads and even had some dinner! A piece of lunch meat (Oh so healthy) some custard and steamed broccoli. I also found these freeze dried fruits this week. . They are 'meltable' and dissolve in the mouth. She loves the strawberries one. I recommend trying them! !

Thats good it went well! Where did you get the freeze dried fruits from hun?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Thats good it went well! Where did you get the freeze dried fruits from hun?

Woolies... um... either health food aisle. . Or the aisle where they keep the little tubs of jellies and tinned fruit. Maybe. This mango ones are yummy. Couldn't stop eating them.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (01-08-2014),peanutmonkey  (01-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    So I didnt get pics. But DS2 ate a mammoth amount of food tonight, including veggies, and green beans! He usually refuses to eat anything green, so I am absolutely over the moon. I dont have my hopes up for it to continue but lordy I will take the win!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay @peanutmonkey!

I made dd ravioli with ham and peas and cheesy cream sauce. Sprinkled with grated cheese. She likes all those things separately. ... But yeah. Left all the ham and peas and ravioli but ate the grated cheese off the top. Clever girl.

Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mixed success today, DD ate some toasted sandwich with chicken and cheese. First time she has eaten chicken yay!
    Then we went to mums group and the mum hosting had a lovely plate of crackers, cheese, grapes and strawberries for the bubs. So depressing to see every other kid going up to the plate, grabbing food, eating it and not only that, being excited about it and going back for more! DD of course was like 'nuh-uh', barely even looked at the plate. Another mum gave her a cracker, she licked it then put it in my handbag...

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MillieMollyMandy For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (04-08-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (05-08-2014),Tamtam  (05-08-2014)