+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My two year old is living on strawberries, plain pasta and mandarins and sometimes Devon or sausages.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS is just starting to improve after a super picky 18months. Today was a good day. Cup of milk, 2 weet-bix and a tub of yogurt for breakfast, banana for morning tea, cheese toasty and 3 large strawberries for lunch, a snack pack of biscuits for afternoon tea, bowl of pasta bake (ate the pasta, left the mince) and a very small amount of ice cream for dinner.

This is a major improvement to a couple of months ago.
    Last edited by WiseOldOwl; 05-07-2014 at 21:39.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (05-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dd ate today
    1 weetbix
    Half a small blueberry pancake
    3 potato sticks
    A few bits of ravioli and cheese
    Choc custard (half pouch)
    And a strawberry.

The strawberry is my win. I have been offering her strawberries a couple of times a week for about 6 months. Yes. .. you read that right. In the last month she started biting and sucking them. Tonight she actually ate an entire one.

Even though she refuses foods I keep trying.

Her main staples are yogurt and cheese. She hardly ever refuses it. She's survives on pediasure to survive.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For dinner my 2.5 year old ate hommus and a couple of bites of a papadum. She eats her other meals and snacks relatively okay, but for dinner she only wants to eat hommus. I figure at least it's made from chickpeas and sesame seeds, so (I'm guessing) it's full of iron, protein, fibre and calcium. So I give her heaps hoping it'll keep her going until she expands her dining repertoire.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Yay! I feel better now about DDs eating!

Same thing every day

Breakfast: white toast with nuttelex and honey (affectionately known as honey toast squares) and soy milk.

Morning snack - some kind of fruit

Lunch - rafferty fruit and veg pouch and sausage or dinosaur nuggets and plain pasta or more honey toast squares and soy yoghurt.

Afternoon snack - dried fruit stick and a soy babychino

Dinner - exactly the same as lunch.

Every day she eats the same. On the days she refuses any of this food, I never know what to give her.

Please tell me there's people on BH who now have older kids who now eat well but didn't as toddlers or young children......pleeeeeease give us some hope or at least reassure us our little 'uns aren't destined for a life unhealthy!

Hugs to you all, its the most frustrating thing in the world, isn't it??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love this thread. Dd has eaten 2 bites of bellamy's cereal and 1/4 of a peanut butter sandwich today. Aaaarrrgghh! She is 14 months and 7 kg.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver flute For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (07-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD is 19 months and had dry cereal for breakfast, 1 sausage for lunch, 3 grapes and handful of mms (we went to a birthday party), big bowl of noodles for dinner and milk before bed.
    She is a super fussy eater. I can count the stuff she will actually eat with 2 hands.
    Noodles and nuggets are the only things she would eat for dinner.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Oh this thread makes me feel more human... DS pretty much survives on yoghurt, peas and cheese as these are the only foods he will consistently eat. I've spent hour after hour making him food from scratch but it can be so discouraging when he won't touch anything. Then I'll think I've found a winner and he won't touch it the next day.

What's weird is he is a total hoover at childcare and eats everything he's offered, so I tell myself he is eating well at least some of the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Can I ask everyone if their kids wake up in the night because they're hungry from not eating much?

I want to try the whole, well if you don't eat this you don't get your honey toast, yoghurt or fruit, but I'm too scared to send DD to bed with no dinner thinking she will wake in the night. Then,on the other hand I worry she will never eat well if I let her go straight to her favourites!

Sorry, I'm an over thinker,over here! :s

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thank god! I thought I was the worst mum ever! My 18 month old DD will only eat crackers 'bic, bic' she cries all day! Won't touch a vegetable & will only take a nibble of an apple or a banana & then decide it's disgusting!
    Does anyone have any good sneaky recipes that are tasty & hide veggies or fruit?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Demdez For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (06-07-2014)