+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They look amazing @peanutmonkey! I'm so impressed how you just keep trying. I often crack the shiz and just give some toast as I don't see the point sometimes. You're amazing!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (21-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    It was the promise of an ice cream I think. He ate pumpkin! And carrot and 3 bites of his corn and 3 cheerios. The most he has eaten at dinner in a long long time.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    that's what works for me. If DS hasn't eaten enough I usually separate some on the plate and say to him just eat this much and you can have ........ for dessert and he will usually eat it. 6 months ago it didn't work but i think his reasoning has developed more now.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (21-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yeah just wanted to add that I finally found some fish fingers that Ds will actually eat. The Jamie Oliver ones from woolies. No nasties and must taste ok because ds ate one and came back for another one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I have to be very careful how much food I put on DS2's plate or he becomes overwhelmed and refuses to even look at it.

We discuss how much he is expected to eat beforehand. Tonight was a first. I have never brought ice creams before because bribery doesnt work unless he's eating foods he already likes. But it had gotten so bad that I just had to try it. .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    They look amazing @peanutmonkey! I'm so impressed how you just keep trying. I often crack the shiz and just give some toast as I don't see the point sometimes. You're amazing!
    Oh thankyou, that means a lot. Don't get me wrong some nights the fight is gone and I let him have a sandwich and a bowl of yoghurt. But I have yo try and set an example for his brothers.

By the way ths pink plate was for DS3 who is 13 months old. He ate the lot and then had a tub of yoghurt and 200mls of formula afterwards - amazing that kid, he is the complete opposite of DS2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    Oh yeah just wanted to add that I finally found some fish fingers that Ds will actually eat. The Jamie Oliver ones from woolies. No nasties and must taste ok because ds ate one and came back for another one.
    My DD eats these as well. I think they're yummy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

WiseOldOwl  (22-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So here's my whinge. It's dumb. I think cake smashes on birthdays are super cute... Can be corny but who cares. It's fun.
    Since DD won't eat cake and doesn't like touching stuff I never did one. ..lol. and I'm a bit jealous of the friends who did with their 1 year olds. Silly .. But yeah.
    Oh. .. Still on a food strike here. Don't know why I bother.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    So here's my whinge. It's dumb. I think cake smashes on birthdays are super cute... Can be corny but who cares. It's fun.
    Since DD won't eat cake and doesn't like touching stuff I never did one. ..lol. and I'm a bit jealous of the friends who did with their 1 year olds. Silly .. But yeah.

So not silly I almost cried when DS2 refused to touch his 1st birthday cake this year he refused to blow out his candle or cut his cake. He did however eat a giant piece...which was almost a third of the cake haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love Jamie Oliver's fish fingers but dd won't touch them- I've only had small success with cheap and nasty ones, probably because there is no fish in them lol.

I'm in shock I gave dd a teaspoon of bolognaise with her pasta at lunch in yet another attempt to get her to eat some - and she picked the meat out and actually ate that and not the pasta or cheese! I swear she's mucking with my head.

Eta: she's just eaten 5 teaspoons of bolognaise sauce with meat! I gave her 1 more teaspoon at a time. So glad I didn't miss out on the chilli for nothing (I usually put tonnes of chilli in but wanted to make it dd friendly)
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 22-07-2014 at 13:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post

We had ice cream cake for dd's first birthday for that same reason