+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Same reasons. I worry about her not getting enough nutrients/vitamins/minerals food growth. .. To be healthy.
    And I worry she will only eat a handful of different foods which will make her unable to hang out with friends at their houses etc....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (12-07-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (13-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Same reasons. I worry about her not getting enough nutrients/vitamins/minerals food growth. .. To be healthy.
    And I worry she will only eat a handful of different foods which will make her unable to hang out with friends at their houses etc....

The friends houses thing crosses my mind too with all of DDs allergies and dairy intolerance, I don't want her to be the kid who's in the too hard basket - you know, better not invite Alice, there are so many foods she cant eat, its better to be safe than sorry. That makes me really sad

4. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (13-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    @Tamtam and @Allie Pallie don't worry about what your DD's friends will think when they get older. DD1 and DD2 have loads of friends over who have all sorts of quirks when it comes to food. I don't even notice half the time. If it's particularly important the parent always lets me know and I always accommodate them.

As my kids get older I've come to appreciate food is such a small part of their world and has nothing to do with what makes them wonderful children.

(whispered quietly)
    **In fact one of DD1's friends who is a right little sheet eats the best of them all**
    Last edited by Sonja; 12-07-2014 at 22:36.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (12-07-2014),Tamtam  (13-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky2b Mum View Post
    Also, we have a new plate that has a start & finish line with sections (about 10 sections) for little bits of food in between.
    I like the sound of this plate - may I ask where you bought it from?

Thanks
    Reviews
    After last night's meltdown...
    DD had terrible brekky.
    Ate scrambled eggs did lunch. ..
    And for dinner demolished the portion on her plate of macaroni and cauliflower cheese. Couldn't believe my eyes. She threw the tomatoes and Kabana away but ate an entire serve of mac n cheese.

Attached Images

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Funnels  (13-07-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (13-07-2014),Sonja  (14-07-2014),wobbleyhorse  (13-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    I'm hoping just as people say there's no such thing as creating bad habits with sleep, that the same goes with food.

Can I ask what everyone else,worries about re: their kids not eating and being fussy? Same reasons as me or something else?
    I think one of my major fears is being judged by others - being accused by health professionals of not trying hard enough, not offering her nutritious and healthy meals, that this is all my fault and her poor eating and small size (even though I am tiny myself 40kg) is a reflection on my parenting skills.

I am dreading the 18 month check, I'm waiting to hear those words "failure to thrive" and the questions that follow even though I KNOW she is happy and healthy and meeting milestones and she'll eat when she's ready. It's not so much her I'm concerned about (I use a multivitamin and I'm still breastfeeding to put my mind at ease) but how others perceive and judge us.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (13-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post

Can I ask what everyone else,worries about re: their kids not eating and being fussy? Same reasons as me or something else?
    I worry about his health. He had a very rocky start and he has an absolutely shocking immune system. He gets absolutely every sickness going around. I also worru because a lot of the foods he will eat are not terribly healthy (think nutella sandwiches, jatz biscuits, cereal fruit bars) and I am constantly worried I am doing everything wrong when it comes to him.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (13-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Little Miss Sunshine - my DS2 (who is my problem eater) has his 4yr old health check tomorrow. I am absolutely terrified. I dont wanna go. I dont wanna be told im ruining him

15. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (13-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Degrassi - I bought it online, from Limetree? I ordered it a long time ago, sorry, & it was on back order.

Cant upload a photo sorry, but website is here http://www.limetreekids.com.au/ .. I hope!
    Attached Images

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucky2b Mum For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (13-07-2014),Mod-Degrassi  (13-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Little Miss Sunshine - my DS2 (who is my problem eater) has his 4yr old health check tomorrow. I am absolutely terrified. I dont wanna go. I dont wanna be told im ruining him

Unfortunately so many of the nurses who do these checks can be harsh as they're all reading from the same hymn sheet, however, just remember you have 3 kids and they all eat differently, so do all of our kids, so they're eating is the way it is for many many reasons, and by no means your fault!

By all means if they offer some helpful suggestions, take them on board, but please don't feel bad.

Let us know how you go!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (13-07-2014),peanutmonkey  (13-07-2014)