+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm finding taking before and after pics interesting. Tonight DD was batting my hand and the plate away. But as soon as DH sat down she's tried it.
    Not exciting as I'm so exhausted but tin spaghetti. ..toast..strawberry and cheese. Plus the leftover fruit smoothie from earlier in the day.
    I ate her toast!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (11-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd be happy with that effort Tamtam

I forgot to take pics tonight but I crumbed some chicken breast, made oven baked chips/wedges from baby potatoes and we had mixed steamed veggies but I only gave my dd some corn and a few peas. She was just mucking around banging her fork into the table so I eventually got fed up and put her in her room for a few minutes When I went to get her back out, I tried to explain to her again that she can't bang her fork into the table as it marks the wood and we talked about how important dinner is so she isn't hungry later. Not sure how much she understood but we made up and cuddled and then she came out and ate ALL of her chippie/wedges and some of her chicken and a few mouthfuls of corn... success!! I sure wish it didn't have to come down to an argument though

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (11-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am so over it. Tonight's dinner of honey mustard chicken with peas got flung off the table so fast there was no time to stop her. No dinner. Few sips of fruit smoothie and thats it.

I'm mad. I just want to smack her. I wouldn't but gee it is so infuriating. I called DH to come and help clean up the chaos. I'm sick of wasting money on foods to try and every meal time is a battle. I always have this little dark cloud hanging over me too that she'll end up with a g tube (stomach feeding tube) like other kids like her. Argh, I'm having a very bad night.

Sent from my GT-P5220 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (13-07-2014)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default Show me your problem eater thread!

@Tamtam I really feel for you. I get that frustration so much, and the trying day after day with the little glimmer of hope, only for it to be dashed again. And to be honest, my DS really isn't that bad, and the stakes are nowhere near as high for him as they are with your DD. From everything I've read, though, it sounds like your DD has constantly amazed and surprised everyone and is doing so much better in every way than maybe you could have dared hope for? And that, I am convinced, is due to you, and the love and care and persistence and encouragement you have shown your daughter every step of the way. She is so lucky to have you for a mummy.

So let yourself feel mad and sad and bad for a while, but please, hang in there, and be proud of what you are doing every day. From the outside looking in, you are a total inspiration x

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (12-07-2014),Albert01  (12-07-2014),JR03  (13-07-2014),Mod-Degrassi  (13-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    @Tamtam I really feel for you. I get that frustration so much, and the trying day after day with the little glimmer of hope, only for it to be dashed again. And to be honest, my DS really isn't that bad, and the stakes are nowhere near as high for him as they are with your DD. From everything I've read, though, it sounds like your DD has constantly amazed and surprised everyone and is doing so much better in every way than maybe you could have dared hope for? And that, I am convinced, is due to you, and the love and care and persistence and encouragement you have shown your daughter every step of the way. She is so lucky to have you for a mummy.

So let yourself feel mad and sad and bad for a while, but please, hang in there, and be proud of what you are doing every day. From the outside looking in, you are a total inspiration x
    You're so sweet to say. Made me burst into tears..lol. in a good way. DH is being very encouraging to me. If I look back over the months and see just how amazing its been then I shouldn't lose it! But sometimes the one meal...just puts me over the edge. And you're right. Against all odds she has done amazing. I need to remember that! Plus I think I'm dealing with a fussy eater because I was!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

I've just found this thread - I have a fussy eater too.

Tamtam, Sounds like you're doing really well most days, which is great (inspires me to keep trying too). I haven't read the whole thread, but some ideas we've used are a sticker reward for each lick or bite. Also, we have a new plate that has a start & finish line with sections (about 10 sections) for little bits of food in between.

My DS has never eaten a piece off fruit or a vegetable other than fries! He didn't eat anything solid until he was 10mths old - wait for it - Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup! That's all he ate for months! Breakfast, lunch & dinner. If I slipped a spoonful of anything else in he would refuse to eat for up to 3 days. Even now he only eats 7 or 8 different foods in total & usually only 3 or 4 at a time, the others drop off for a while & some come back at a later date. To try to introduce a new foods to DS we make a picnic platter & take it outside & sit on the grass, it works sometimes. We've been working on bananas, off & on, for almost 3 years & he licked one yesterday .. I was feeling proud of myself, but discovered that he's been watching a skit on TV (Yogabbagabba) and they eat them
    Last edited by Lucky2b Mum; 12-07-2014 at 19:18. Reason: Typo

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucky2b Mum For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (13-07-2014),Tamtam  (12-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    I am so over it. Tonight's dinner of honey mustard chicken with peas got flung off the table so fast there was no time to stop her. No dinner. Few sips of fruit smoothie and thats it.

I'm mad. I just want to smack her. I wouldn't but gee it is so infuriating. I called DH to come and help clean up the chaos. I'm sick of wasting money on foods to try and every meal time is a battle. I always have this little dark cloud hanging over me too that she'll end up with a g tube (stomach feeding tube) like other kids like her. Argh, I'm having a very bad night.

Hugs my wonderful friend. You are trying so hard. I'm sorry it's taking so long for her to get used to eating. Keep on going with what you're doing. Xx

Sent from my SM-N9007 using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Funnels For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (12-07-2014),Tamtam  (12-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Hugs to everyone struggling with their kids eating. It does get better. Trust me on that one. I struggled big time with DSs eating. It had me in tears many many times. He is a much much better eater now he is 7yrs old. He will eat veges(even requests them ). Some things he wont touch like salad, fruit and is off dairy currently but its an amazing turn around from even 1yr ago.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (12-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry everyone is experiencing this but so happy to have found this thread. My son is such a fussy eater. It's so reassuring to read I'm not the only one pulling my hair out over this topic.

DS 6 13/05/2008
    DD 4 14/05/2010
    #3 EDD 23/03/2015

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I'm hoping just as people say there's no such thing as creating bad habits with sleep, that the same goes with food.

My greatest fear is that DD isn't getting enough nutrients and I may be causing long term health issues for her, but the other part of me thinks as long as she's not starving and I'm not giving her take away for every meal, that she will get better with age and focus keeping her full for the time being and get more nutrients into her as she gets older.

Can I ask what everyone else,worries about re: their kids not eating and being fussy? Same reasons as me or something else?