+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No food tonight!

This morning 1/4 toast. Bottle.

Lunch- she ate left over apricot chicken.

She had a whole orange too. Can I give he'd too much vitamin c?

I'm so tired

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Jatz, and nuggets is about All he wants. He was having gross frozen pizza but has gone off that now. Although today he refused jatz. He had an up n go, one mouthful of noodles and 3 nuggets tonight.
    God it's tough. DD2 has no food related issues (she has anxiety but not with food) and still eats so little. We call her a breatharian (when I have a sense of humour about it). Some days she has half an English muffin (as in half of one side) for breakfast, a quarter of a sandwich for lunch and virtually nothing for dinner. She'll snack on apples or grapes so that's something I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    My dd has a genetic condition that causes the low muscle tone in jaw and sensory issues. Plus I'm convinced her brain doesn't do the signals it needs to tell her that she's hungry.
    Hugs!! I feel your pain.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    DD1 didn't actually say the words "I'm hungry" until she was about 6. Hunger just never registered with her.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (08-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd has a genetic condition that causes the low muscle tone in jaw and sensory issues. Plus I'm convinced her brain doesn't do the signals it needs to tell her that she's hungry.
    Hugs!! I feel your pain.

I'm sure my DD is the same in terms of the hunger signals. She'd happily go all day without a single bite of food if I didn't chase her around trying to get something into her (even a few bites) I try not to make a big deal out of the whole eating thing so she doesn't get a complex about it but it's bloody tough when they're happy to just skip every meal! If she ever asked for anything to eat I think I'd literally pass out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    DD1 didn't actually say the words "I'm hungry" until she was about 6. Hunger just never registered with her.
    Quote Originally Posted by me+he&she=three View Post
    I'm sure my DD is the same in terms of the hunger signals. She'd happily go all day without a single bite of food if I didn't chase her around trying to get something into her (even a few bites) I try not to make a big deal out of the whole eating thing so she doesn't get a complex about it but it's bloody tough when they're happy to just skip every meal! If she ever asked for anything to eat I think I'd literally pass out!
    Ahhh hunger!! She's never really cried for a bottle as a baby either.
    And if she did. .. she'd drink 10 or 20mls...

I only concentrates on food time at food time. I offer three choices and that's it. If she's doesn't eat I don't keep offering. Though I know she'll drink some. . maybe 100mls of pediasure.
    Occasionally she eats a lot for her and I sit there thinking.. don't make a fuss. .. say nothing. .. this is normal! Haha.
    Tonight when I signed 'more or finished' she signed more!! I was shocked!!!! Was only fruit puree but I'll take it.
    Her condition is metabolic. .. Most kids who have her syndrome are tube fed their whole lives. So it's an uphill battle. I have feeding therapy every week. . when is bad. . twice a week.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

me+he&she=three  (09-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ^^^ that's brilliant! Yep definitely take the little wins! As sad as it is to hear about others going through the same thing it's comforting to know you aren't alone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Had a small victory with dd
    I sat her on the kitchen bench whilst I cut our veggies up and she actually tried some carrot and cherry tomato! She kept spitting it out but would pick up another piece to do it again.
    And she actually ate a little ham! She hasn't eaten ham in months!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

me+he&she=three  (09-07-2014),Tamtam  (09-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Todays food - 2 x apple cereal fruit bars
    3 x nutella and sprinkle sandwiches
    An apple
    A glass of milk.

And thats it, he's asking to go to bed. *sigh*

Thanks
    Reviews
    I want to give up with this food thing .
    I've spent so much time and energy last year fighting to get DD to feed orally and not be tube fed. But some days I wonder what I was thinking.
    Tomorrow morning we have a mealtime review with the feeding therapist (speech therapist)... so I'd better pull myself together! !!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I want to give up with this food thing .
    I've spent so much time and energy last year fighting to get DD to feed orally and not be tube fed. But some days I wonder what I was thinking.
    Tomorrow morning we have a mealtime review with the feeding therapist (speech therapist)... so I'd better pull myself together! !!!!

Hugs Tamtam, you're doing an amazing job, try not to be discouraged. You've done amazing things to help your DD. You should be so proud of your efforts.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

me+he&she=three  (09-07-2014)