+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Show me your problem eater thread!

So the other thread about kids food got me thinking. ...I would never post a pic there because my dd is a difficult eater....

BUT I thought if you have troublesome eaters in your house this might be a safe place to share your kid's food. . wins and fails!! And maybe get some ideas.
    No judgements!!

I'll start. .. my DD is 19 months. She has a rare genetic syndrome that affects her eating and rarely. .. if ever, feels hungry. I struggle each day with each meal to find nutritious yet high fat soft foods she will eat. She has sensory issues and low muscle tone making food choices hard.

Here's tonight's dinner. She ate a few mouthfuls.
    Ravioli with grated cheese, strawberry. .chocolate custard!

Grrr.. won't add my pic!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Tamtam; 05-07-2014 at 19:33.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

beebs  (19-08-2014),debsch  (05-07-2014),KitiK  (05-07-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (07-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Here it is.

Attached Images

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (05-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Great thread! I will actually probably contribute to it Ds1 has gotten so fussy out of nowhere.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (05-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good on you @Tamtam. My 18mth old is a very picky eater (totally opposite to her big sister) and rarely sits down to eat a meal... just this afternoon she has eaten: strawberries, grapes, a marshmallow (ok 2), a little piece of chocolate cake, sucked on a lemon, a piece of nectarine and an apple. She has had 2 x jatz with french onion dip, a pouch of custard, some lamb risotto (pouch) some home made chicken korma and rice, a bottle of formula and a lot of water... not feeling very good about food choices today. I am trying to keep her busy, but she is constantly at the fridge! (Btw, she is normal body weight at the moment, think she is having a growth spurt)...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (05-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bahaha! Love this thread! Thanks TamTam, I am sooo embarrassed when I go into the other one and read what other kids eat. My DD's range of foods is so limited!

For dinner today she ate half a packet of Raffertys Garden Italian Lasagne. Sounds ok, but that is the only thing she will eat for dinner so she has the same thing every single night. This is followed by a couple of spoonfuls of Tamar Valley Mango Yoghurt. Again, no other brands or flavours are acceptable. I have tried home made meals, she will not touch them.

Apart from that she eats: Farex cereal with apple, white bread toast with peanut butter, cruskits with cream cheese and purée fruit. That is it.

She is such a horrid eater and I am so embarrassed when we spend time with friends who have bubs the same age who eat so well. I don't know how this has happened, DH and I are both healthy eaters who eat a good home cooked diet.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MillieMollyMandy For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (07-07-2014),Tamtam  (05-07-2014)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Subbing.

Ds#2 (asd, spd, mega food aversions) had an up n go, half a cheese and bacon roll and 4 nuggets today.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (05-07-2014)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    I have a nine year old who is a fussy eater. She turns ten in two weeks and only weighs about 24kg.

The rest of us had nachos for dinner. I make mine reasonably healthy with kidney beans and lots of veges. She had a handful of corn chips with cheese and picked out the shallots I put on the top. She won't eat fruit but will eat cherry tomatoes and lebanese cucumbers (sometimes).
    Oh I am so glad to read someone the same. My DD who is almost 10 is also a fussy eater and weighs about 24kg or so .

She will eat one thing one day and then won't touch it the next week if I make it.

I feel much more at home in this thread than the others that show what wonderful foods their children eat.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (05-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay. So glad others are joining me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2 year old son used to be a great eater then one day turned super fussy, he will eat fruit, yoghurt, porridge, rice cakes and carrot. He will occasionally eat plain pasta and about once a week I can get him to eat some mince.
    Last edited by Angels4me; 05-07-2014 at 21:27.