+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Question about Bachelor of Midwifery

HI everyone

Just had a question about the bachelor of midwifery course, for anyone who's doing it. Wondering how many days per week is it on campus roughly for full time study. I'm interested in applying for next year into a blended learning course, so online & on campus but worried about how many days it would be on campus. I have 4 kids, youngest is 4 next month & only starting at day care next week. He will be in a kinder program 3 days a week next year.
    I have done my first part time year of EEN (in 2011) but have always wanted to do midwifery & it wasn't possible for me to do it in 2011. I have had quite a few health issues since and now back to think what am i going t do with myself once my youngest goes to school in 2016. I haven't had a actually "job" since 2001, i've always been a SAHM except having my part time photography business on the side.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, Where are you applying for? Each uni is very different on how many days you are at uni. But you will also have to consider your placement blocks. These are usually 5 days a week m-f, and most placements are NOT flexible with when you can do these.
    In saying that- I managed to do a bMID with 3 kids- when I first started I had one at school and 2 in full time daycare. I finished my graduate year last year and I absolutely love my job. It really is the best thing i have ever done for myself. So give it a go... you'll be fine.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RHJ For This Useful Post:

tired*mummy  (15-07-2014)