+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Horrible and Constant

My daughter who is now 1, has been teething pretty much since she was 3 months.
    Has this happened to anyone else?
    She only has 8 teeth, but has had them come through and disappear just for them to reappear.
    She is also a horrible teether, and I have taken to giving her a dummy; never use to have one, as it gives her some relief.

I know the usual pain relief, and its not much comfort, and some weeks are a battle. She is currently not sleeping during the night, and has been waking up hourly for the last few weeks.

Please let me know that I'm not the only one, as I feel like I'm going mad.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Not the only one! My dd cut molars at 12 weeks only to have them go up and down ever since.

She has 2 front bottom teeth and nothing else. She will be 11 months this Tuesday.

I know she is teething- drivblinv, nose running, ear pulling, horrible poos but the most telling sign of all- when she is given medicine it's like she is another (happier) baby. But I only give her medicine before bed and then if she can't sleep in the early hours, otherwise she would be living in the stuff. I already worry now what the chemist may think because the bottles of baby nurofen or Panadol are so small! (So we go through them quickly, even though she has one dose a day, two is its really bad!)

Constant teething sucks. It's terrible!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My first daughter was an absolutely horrible teether. She got her first tooth at 6 months and had 16 teeth by about 14 months I think. But she teethed right up until she was over 2 when her second molars came through. It was so hard, I really feel for you. Lots of people really didn't understand how much pain she was in. I did the same and gave her the dummy a lot as it gave her so much comfort. Pain relief when it got really bad and things like frozen berries etc to help her through.

My second daughter is almost 14 months now and has 6 teeth - she teethes so much easier and makes me realise how bad my first really was.

*hugs*

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ds went through the exactly same thing I had brought him a amber teething necklace and it worked wonders for my ds and I also gave him nurofen if he needed it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to know I'm not the only one. I feel bad as there isn't much I can do for her.
    DP complains when I give her any panadol, but he isn't up with her every hour each night. It gets to about 2 and I have enough and just dose her. It normally helps and she sleeps till about 5am.

I believe she is getting her molars now, as she keeps chewing on her fingers when she shoves them half way down her throat. But this happens so often, that sometimes I think I'm just making it up, as it takes a few months for them to finally arrive and stay.

to all you out there that are dealing with this, or have. It really is hell sometimes.