+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by stella marie View Post
    No the Ob said this would make no difference...
    I know people who have found that it had definitely made a difference upping their fluid intake.

All the best.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

stella marie  (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TableDancer View Post
    I was induced for my fourth baby after having three spontaneous vaginal births and it was my best birth yet My reasons were different so I can't help there but I'll briefly explain what happened. So I was 4cms before the induction but DD was not engaged therefore I could not have my waters broken straight away due to the risk of cord prolapse. So I had a small dose of gel inserted at about 8pm, I woke the next day with some very light cramps but not painful or anything. This continued throughout the day, the ward was busy so no more gel or anything was inserted, basically I walked around a lot and climbed up and down the stairs with DH. Around 2pm in the the cramps were more painful but stopped if I laid down and were irregular but I was now getting pressure below with them and sure enough DD had finally engaged. I was left for a bit until a birth suite was free, the cramps still weren't what I would call contractions just like early labor pains. Anyway, long story short, I was taken in to have my waters broken at 4pm, I was still 4cms, and DD arrived just 25 minutes later, no painkillers or syntocin. I had the monitor on the entire time but it was wireless and I was able to move around, I birthed her on the floor next to the bed on all fours. Afterwards the placenta came out easier than any others of mine and I also bled the least. We went home happy and healthy the next day
    Wow - what a great outcome! Thanks so much for sharing this, makes me feel more positive!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to stella marie For This Useful Post:

TableDancer  (08-07-2014)

BH-KatiesMum is online now Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    good luck Stella Marie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My first DS was all natural but DS2 was 13 days late so had to be induced.

I'm surprised your ob is starting with breaking your waters? From what I was told it's gel first, then breaking of waters if nothing happens and then if that doesn't work, drip.

I was actually offered 2 gels if the first didn't work.

Lucky for me the first one worked within 10 mins and hub was born 1hr 20 mins later! Yes it was full on! Contractions did come harder and faster but I did still manage drug free and natural delivery.

I was also petrified of Csection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    My first DS was all natural but DS2 was 13 days late so had to be induced.

I'm surprised your ob is starting with breaking your waters? From what I was told it's gel first, then breaking of waters if nothing happens and then if that doesn't work, drip.

I was actually offered 2 gels if the first didn't work.

Lucky for me the first one worked within 10 mins and hub was born 1hr 20 mins later! Yes it was full on! Contractions did come harder and faster but I did still manage drug free and natural delivery.

I was also petrified of Csection.
    Yes, my sister said the same about breaking waters before the gel...I'm not really sure why my Ob said she'd try doing that first-guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Glad to hear your induction went well, thanks for your reply.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good luck today Stellamarie! I just wanted to add to be cautious with an early 2nd dose of the gel if they offer it again rather early on. Enjoy meeting your baby!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stella marie View Post
    Wow - what a great outcome! Thanks so much for sharing this, makes me feel more positive!
    I'm glad I could help, I know I was petrified of being induced after three spontaneous births. I hope everything goes just as easily for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, Thanks again for all your replies – I really appreciate the stories shared and hearing other peoples’ experiences – it really helped me to stay positive.My beautiful baby girl finally made an appearance at 1.55am on the 8th of July – 18 hrs after the start of the induction process! Unfortunately, things did not go quite according to plan. They broke my waters and gave me a few hours (where I walked and walked and walked)… but to no avail. She was just not ready to come out and there was no sign of any contractions. Later in the afternoon they started the syntocinon drip … which is when things went bad. She came out posterior with a hyperextension of the neck. I won’t go into all the details here as I am still trying to process my own feelings on her birth but I will say is that it did sadly turn into the cascade of intervention that I feared, although I did not need a caesarean which is one positive, I suppose. I am also trying to stay focused on the outcome – my gorgeous, healthy 3kg baby girl… she is very lovely!

BH-KatiesMum is online now Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Congratulations Stella Marie !!!

I am sorry about your birth.