+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my 38 week appointment and was told we would have to watch it because it had dropped since the last check 2weeks before and to check a week later because I may need to be induced if it dropped more.
    I went for the appointment a week later and had a very suprised ob tell me it had dropped way too much and I needed a cesarean right away or dds life was at risk. 6 hours later she was in my arms

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kezanazz For This Useful Post:

stella marie  (05-07-2014)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Have you tried massively upping your fluid intake?

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had low amniotic fluid so was getting twice weekly scans, my baby was also IUGR so very small and I had preeclampsia. My last scan I showed no amniotic fluid so he came out a few hours later via emergency c-section at 34 weeks as it was too dangerous to leave him in any longer.
    I hope all goes well for you, it is scary and a shock but trust your Ob, they deal with these types of situations a lot and know what is best for you and bubs.
    Good luck 😃

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwimum890 For This Useful Post:

stella marie  (05-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best of luck for Monday - it sounds like you're in good hands with your OB, and that she knows what she's doing. Birth isn't predictable so try to just go with the flow. It can be a shock when things don't go as you expected them to but keep your eyes on the prize - your beautiful bubba is about to arrive.

Can I ask how she found out you have low amniotic fluid? My OB doesn't scan me at every appointment and I'm curious to know what my amniotic fluid is like, as I feel like sometimes I could be "leaking" (just a little bit). I did get tested at the hospital a month ago but it was all fine, I might ask my OB next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, and you are right, it could have been worse had she said baby had to come out that very day... still trying to get my head around it but feel a bit better about things today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkingMaid View Post
    Have you tried massively upping your fluid intake?
    No the Ob said this would make no difference...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    Best of luck for Monday - it sounds like you're in good hands with your OB, and that she knows what she's doing. Birth isn't predictable so try to just go with the flow. It can be a shock when things don't go as you expected them to but keep your eyes on the prize - your beautiful bubba is about to arrive.

Can I ask how she found out you have low amniotic fluid? My OB doesn't scan me at every appointment and I'm curious to know what my amniotic fluid is like, as I feel like sometimes I could be "leaking" (just a little bit). I did get tested at the hospital a month ago but it was all fine, I might ask my OB next week.

She's scanned me last week and again yesterday, although 2 weeks ago when I just saw the midwife my fundal appeared to be less than it was 2weeks prior, which I thought was odd...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was induced for my fourth baby after having three spontaneous vaginal births and it was my best birth yet My reasons were different so I can't help there but I'll briefly explain what happened. So I was 4cms before the induction but DD was not engaged therefore I could not have my waters broken straight away due to the risk of cord prolapse. So I had a small dose of gel inserted at about 8pm, I woke the next day with some very light cramps but not painful or anything. This continued throughout the day, the ward was busy so no more gel or anything was inserted, basically I walked around a lot and climbed up and down the stairs with DH. Around 2pm in the the cramps were more painful but stopped if I laid down and were irregular but I was now getting pressure below with them and sure enough DD had finally engaged. I was left for a bit until a birth suite was free, the cramps still weren't what I would call contractions just like early labor pains. Anyway, long story short, I was taken in to have my waters broken at 4pm, I was still 4cms, and DD arrived just 25 minutes later, no painkillers or syntocin. I had the monitor on the entire time but it was wireless and I was able to move around, I birthed her on the floor next to the bed on all fours. Afterwards the placenta came out easier than any others of mine and I also bled the least. We went home happy and healthy the next day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also if you have bub on Monday she'll have a really cool birthdate: 7/7/14 (7 + 7 = 14). I am a bit obsessed with having my baby on a good birthdate!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lemonpancakes For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (06-07-2014),stella marie  (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I was induced with DS1 due to low amniotic fluid. They did an ultrasound and told me I would be induced that night. They started me with the gel and it started contractions straight away. I was hypersensitive to it so I don't know if my experience is what everyone would have.

My labour was hard, made harder because I was alone and in the antenatal ward instead of delivery but I didn't have to have any more intervention and delivered him with no drugs (though I would have gladly taken them by the end).

It sounds like your ob is good and your baby will be safer being born. I hope everything goes well for you.

"Insert witty signature here"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

stella marie  (06-07-2014)