+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What are your 7+ year olds favourite TV Shows?

I find it tricky to know what to let DS 7 watch after growing out of some of the abc kids shows, so many of the shows the next level up seem awful and violent. DS likes ben10 and tenkai knights which Im not keen on, he also likes scooby doo and looney tunes which I don't mind. He still likes some shows on abc kids, if only he could stay watching abc kids forever lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS1 is 7 in March. He likes Scooby Doo, Ben 10, and we often hire dvd's from the library. At the moment we have a Sonic The Hedgehog one , a Transformers one and a Thunderbirds one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    My DD (8) and DS (6) enjoy a few ABC3 shows - Horrible Histories, Operation Ouch, Deadly 60, Starwars Clone Wars, Prank Patrol, Twisted Whiskers, Phineas and Ferb. They also like Adventure Time and iCarly.
    ETA Oh yes, Ben10 and anything Avenger/Superhero themed!

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    My DD (8) is very girly, and still quite immature ... so she still watches a lot of shows for younger kids.

And girly ones

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's an animated dragon show on abc3 my ds8 and dd9 love to watch. It's a bit like the How to train your Dragon movies

Dragon-Raiders of Berk
    Last edited by ozeymumof5; 14-07-2014 at 20:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP I have the same problem. I find a lot of 'kids' shows to be full of awful language and inappropriate themes for the age group.
    I won't let ds watch adventure time- to me it seems like more of a teenage cartoon. Like ren & stimpy used to be when I was a kid.

When he gets tv time. He usually watches Pokemon, tenkai nights, looney tunes or prank patrol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    mr bean, black adder, monty python, charlie chaplin, keeping up apperances, the britis empire, under the buses, are you being served, mother and son, fawlty towers, dr who, star trek, stargate

i have a weird 7 yr old but i love watching his shows so it is a win win

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxwell's Silver Hammer For This Useful Post:

AngelicHobgoblin  (15-07-2014),MissMuppet  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS who is 7 loves Pokemon, Bakugan, Scooby Doo, Ninjago, Power Rangers, Ben 10, Dragonball Z, Yu-Gi-Oh, and The Voice (he sings ALLLLL day long lol!)
    Last edited by ~ElectricPink~; 14-07-2014 at 20:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dragon riders of Berk on ABC3 is the current favourite (and I like it too). My kids don't watch commercial tv yet so are stuck with abc 4 kids and abc3. My 9 year old claims to hate Peppa Pig, but yet she always laughs along when her younger brother watches it so I think there's a bit of 'I think I should have outgrown this' going on rather than actual disinterest in the shows.

Abc3 has some good shows like Operation Ouch and Backyard Science. And both my kids love Wacky World Beaters at the moment. (And again I also quite like it.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    My DD (8) and DS (6) enjoy a few ABC3 shows - Horrible Histories, Operation Ouch, Deadly 60, Starwars Clone Wars, Prank Patrol, Twisted Whiskers, Phineas and Ferb. They also like Adventure Time and iCarly.
    ETA Oh yes, Ben10 and anything Avenger/Superhero themed!
    Mine are 10 and 7 and their list involves a lot of these (not Ben 10), they also like Bondi Vet, Masterchef, X-Factor and Life With Boys and anything vampire. They love Scooby Doo, Arthur, Strawberry Shortcake and My Little Pony. Depends on their mood. Sometimes I come out in the morning and they are watching ABC2.

If they leave Peppa Pig, or Little Princess on the tv is turned off quick smart (those voices drive me bananas).