+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When ds moves to a bed from the cot I am putting one of the childproof door knob covers on the inside door knob because he can unlock our front door and we rent so I can't change the front door lock. I really don't see much difference in terms of safety for him with a "lock" to him being in the cot, he can't get out of the cot if there is a fire either.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

Full House  (05-07-2014),HollyGolightly81  (05-07-2014),Stretched  (05-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not sure if anyone ha ssuggested this but how about a lock on your kitchen door instead? Obviously I don't know the layout of your house but that might be a better option than locking him in his room.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to haveheart For This Useful Post:

gizmoduckus  (05-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by squishie View Post
    And this is why my 2.5 yr old ds is going to be in a cot til he's five!!!!! Lol
    hahaha how nice! My terror toddler just climbed out of his at 19 months, with a sleeping bag on. Bit dangerous, so toddler bed it was. Such contrast from my oldest who wouldn't even get out of her big girl bed without permission

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haveheart View Post
    Not sure if anyone ha ssuggested this but how about a lock on your kitchen door instead? Obviously I don't know the layout of your house but that might be a better option than locking him in his room.
    That is what I was thinking. Is there a way of shutting off the kitchen part of the house? Maybe with a safety gate with a bell on it, so you can be alerted if he tries to climb it?

I'm with the others that are worried about the safety perspective of locking the bedroom doors. However, my kids have never roamed the house because they are scared of the dark.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gizmoduckus For This Useful Post:

haveheart  (05-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    hahaha how nice! My terror toddler just climbed out of his at 19 months, with a sleeping bag on. Bit dangerous, so toddler bed it was. Such contrast from my oldest who wouldn't even get out of her big girl bed without permission
    Yes we've been blessed with a non-climber last time around, fingers crossed we get lucky again this time!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmoduckus View Post
    That is what I was thinking. Is there a way of shutting off the kitchen part of the house? Maybe with a safety gate with a bell on it, so you can be alerted if he tries to climb it?

I'm with the others that are worried about the safety perspective of locking the bedroom doors. However, my kids have never roamed the house because they are scared of the dark.
    Have magnetic locks on cupboards and draws?? I have this on most of ours, and although my DD is only 1, she doesn't bother trying to get into these places any more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you think you would hear him knocking, why can't you hear him roaming the house?

Anyway, no I would never lock my kids doors, we all sleep with our bedroom doors open. The kids get up in the morning, usually come straight into us and at times go into the kitchen, I always hear them and call out that I can hear what they are doing lol. (Mine are 2 and 4)