+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a baby gate at the top of the stairs so he can't roam around downstairs during the night. Plus we still co sleep anyway so we'd know as soon as he got up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Even Supernanny says no locks on doors... Apart from anything, it's a huge safety hazard if there was a fire/emergency.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No we don't have locks on the kids doors. Too big a safety risk for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Its early morning. I do feed him enough at night.
    I just havnt heard him get up. If there was a fire him knocking would wake me plus all the smoke detectors.
    He is 2 so I am trying to teach him not to get into and touch everything but its the 3rd time getting up to a mess and almost having to ditch the mat so I was a bit frustrated this time.

Im suprised no one elses little ones get up to roam thats really lucky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    As young children we didn't even have doors on our bedrooms as they were a fairly new extension on the house.
    I've never ever contemplated locking the doors on my kids. I prefer to keep the doors open so I can easily check on them and hear them throughout the night.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We have an almost 3 year old ds. He sleeps in his own room with a baby moniter (his room is at the front of the house). His door stays closed because we have annoying cats and the air con is on. His door actually has a lock on the inside but It's one of those ones that takes a second to unlock with a knife but he hasnt even noticed Its there. He hasn't started wandering yet but if he was I would put a baby gate on his door and keep the moniter in there so we couod hear him get up.
    Last edited by Purple Lily; 04-07-2014 at 17:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you have one of those baby breathing monitors, put it on your DS bed. When he gets up the 'no breathing' alarm will go off cos there's no movement in the bed, and you can jump up to get him

Maybe a cup of milk in his room or similar to have if he feels hungry?

I wouldn't lock a child's door. Too big a risk in an emergency

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bedroom doors are kept open here and the childrens' room are either side of ours. They either come straight into us if they wake or call out so we know when they are awake and up and about.

What about leaving out a lunch box or similar for your son with some safe healthy snacks so he doesn't rifle through the fridge and cupboards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Id rather lock up the cupboards and fridge than lock my child in their room. Both my kids always have gotten up and sometimes they do it because they are sick or have had a bad dream.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I would usually say hell no as it is a security risk.

I however had to as my son was an escape artist and would roam the neighbourhood at night. I knew of a few other special needs parents who have also turned the kids room into fort knox for night time wanderings.