+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleep81 View Post
    I was just looking into gluten free diet info and what can they have for breakfast!? My son loves his cereal and toast etc too.
    A friend used to give her son rice cakes with jam for breakfast so it was a bit like having toast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCreamingSoda View Post
    Hi all
    For those who suspect intolerances and are doing elimination diets, do you also look into healing the gut? An intolerance (not allergy) can often be outgrown as the gut matures and you can help this process by giving foods like slow cooked bone broth and natural fermented foods. I am just learning about this stuff myself but just wanted to encourage you all to look into it. X
    Yes I've got fermented zucchini, cabbage and also have kombucha and water and milk kefir brewing. I made a big batch of bone broth too. The trouble is getting my 2y10m DD to eat/drink any of it. She'll only drink my probiotic lemonade I make.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ^^ never heard of any of this!! Interesting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleep81 View Post
    ^^ never heard of any of this!! Interesting!
    Unfortunately it's not very well known in today's society but it's using fermented foods to heal the gut and diseases. Our gut thrives on good bacteria and we rarely get it in today's diet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kinda think of it as DYI super probiotics!

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCreamingSoda View Post
    Hi all
    For those who suspect intolerances and are doing elimination diets, do you also look into healing the gut? An intolerance (not allergy) can often be outgrown as the gut matures and you can help this process by giving foods like slow cooked bone broth and natural fermented foods. I am just learning about this stuff myself but just wanted to encourage you all to look into it. X
    I'm starting to do it. I've made some bone broth using organic chicken, and made sauerkraut which is sitting in the fridge. The kids won't touch the sauerkraut but dd6 loves a soup I make from the broth.

**As you read this, you are traveling at 220 kilometres per second across the galaxy**

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Yes I've got fermented zucchini, cabbage and also have kombucha and water and milk kefir brewing. I made a big batch of bone broth too. The trouble is getting my 2y10m DD to eat/drink any of it. She'll only drink my probiotic lemonade I make.
    Sorry to go OT but @Fiery I'd love the recipe for the lemonade if you could post it, or pm me

**As you read this, you are traveling at 220 kilometres per second across the galaxy**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there. We had it with both our boys. Like you, they didn't do junk, juice, etc. We examined their diets then on a friend's suggestion that it may be due to a gut imbalance we tried probiotics. There are many ways to do this so we chose to give our boys ones that came in chocolate balls. They get one every morning. Sloppy poos cleared up almost straight away. Poos are now firm.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Tickle For This Useful Post:

Kleep81  (08-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Mrs Tickle... Where did you find the chocolate ball ones? I've only seen the tablet form.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well we have been giving him probiotics for 9 days now with no change how long do they usually take?