+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default C-section with a transverse breech bub

I'm almost 36 weeks and bub has been transverse breech for a while now, she doesn't seem inclined to move as she's having too much fun head-butting my ribs and attempting to put her feet through my cervix! I've been set on an elective C-section from the get go after an emergency C-section with my son, so midwives aren't too concerned with her position.

As you do, I've been googling stories of transverse breech C-sections and read lots of horror stories of difficult births requiring forceps to get bub out, bubs getting stuck, more difficult recoveries and ongoing feeding/health issues for babies. Obviously, this is making me rather nervous. I have an appointment with the OB on Monday where I will discuss all this, but hoping that there are some mums on here who have had a C-section with a transverse breech bub who want to tell me how wonderfully everything went for them and bub

Thanks !

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 38+6 with a breech. I agree yours is straight breech, transverse is sideways, mine has her head wedged under my right rib. I'm going in for my c section tomorrow and have refused to play into the hands of the evil Dr Google. Just because it happened to someone else, doesn't mean it will happen to you. You won't do yourself any favours by worrying about it so relax.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nattherat For This Useful Post:

meredithgreyxxx  (06-07-2014),Tainted  (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi tainted. Try not to worry, you only every find horror stories on Google. My bub was breech at every scan from 12weeks. Although not terribly accurate, my fundal height measured 6weeks behind and bub was estimated to be in the 85th percentile. I did not attemp an ECV and opted for Csection. Obs had trouble getting her out and said there was no way she would've been able to turn by herself. She couldn't fit out of the incision so I have a longer than 'normal' scar. We are both fine and my recovery was great. I was wanting to get up that night because I felt Ok but the GA (failed spinal x2) really knocked me about. Was up at the crack of dawn showered and catheter out and ready to enjoy dd. Good luck.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Tainted  (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies! I know I should stay away from Google but rarely do I listen to myself (or DP!). I was told transverse breech, that her head to her bum is lying across and her legs are pointing down, she is kicking in all sorts of unpleasant places.

Hope your C-section goes well tomorrow, Nattherat! Glad it went to well for you, Ngaiz, that makes me feel much better

I have an appointment with the OB tomorrow, planning on spending the next couple of weeks on all fours if he thinks it will help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't worry about position. My Ob had a lot more trouble getting my head-down engaged bub out than he did my breech baby. Neither has had any issues afterwards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd was transverse/breech until 38-39 weeks. She turned head down by herself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds2 was breech but turned himself at 38 weeks.