+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Looking for other baby wearer's

If you follow those guidelines they are safe. Hope that helps.

And congratulations!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rusalka For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (02-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    First public back carry of my almost 3yo today. I have never seen anyone back carry in a woven in our town and only seen 1 other woven. Very successful and had a lady ask me about it - she did a bushwalk the other day and ended up carrying her little boy so has been researching. I think I might need to drop her in a list of FB pages.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Rusalka  (02-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I upgraded my first stretchy (a moby) for a woven at Christmas however I bought a Tula at the same time. My Tula gets used everyday. My woven is neatly braided hanging on the back of the door and has only been used twice...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Squeee! I have fallen down the rabbit hole, just bought my first handwoven!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rusalka For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (27-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooo looking to get my first woven for miss 11 months and was looking for some advice... I have my eye on the following... Any suggestions or advice based on her age and type of wrap? A Tula woven, a kokodai wonderland, a didymous indigo (sp) or a natibaby?? Please excuse typos! Miss 11 months likes to help thank u so much!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to elkaroo For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (09-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Looking for other baby wearer's

I bought a kokadi wonderland wrap and whilst I love the design I didn't really get on with wrapping. I bought it when my ds1 was about 11 months and tried various wraps but found it a bit faffy. So I chopped it up (v hard to bring myself to do!) to make into a ring sling as I knew I would use it more. Since having ds2 I've used it pretty much everyday and still love the design.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1438747052.884365.jpg

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

Bennos Mummy  (05-08-2015),elkaroo  (05-08-2015),Mamasupial  (09-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So currently I have a very serious babywearing dilemma. My stash includes 3 ring slings (water mesh sling, sakura silk sling and oscha linen blend woven), 1 manduca, 1 mei tai, 1 hug a bub, 1 size 5 natibaby hemp blend (haven), 1 size 6 vatanai 100% cotton (my first wrap) and 1 bebina zodiac Taurus size 6 100% cotton (best newborn wrap ever!!!). Ever since I was forced to improvise with a single bed sheet at mums house one night I have been thinking I need a short wrap as well. Having a hard time justifying it to myself and also working out what size and blend to get. I want it to do both my toddler and my 3 month old. So here is where I need help enablers:

1) tell me why I need a short wrap
    2) size 3 or 4?
    3) hemp blend or linen blend? Or is there something more toddler worthy?

Help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I don't know about blend but I use a size 4 regularly. We use a front carry. Oh and DD is 11 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by elkaroo View Post
    Ooo looking to get my first woven for miss 11 months and was looking for some advice... I have my eye on the following... Any suggestions or advice based on her age and type of wrap? A Tula woven, a kokodai wonderland, a didymous indigo (sp) or a natibaby?? Please excuse typos! Miss 11 months likes to help thank u so much!
    Hi Hun!!! Anything would work for her age.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

elkaroo  (12-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tildy I would try some of the carries you can do with shorter wraps and see if you them. It really depends what carries you like doing. Personally I only ever double hammock past 4 or so months, so I still like a longer wrap. I don't like tying off at shoulder or knot less etc so shorter wraps don't do it for me. I occasionally use my size 2 linen blend to do a RRRR, but honestly mostly when just teaching at sling meets.

I prefer hemp blends for bigger kids because I love the cush. Linen is very supportive but I find can get a bit diggy when they get heavier. That's just me though. My hemp didymos is my all time fave.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenMama For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (09-08-2015)