+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 70 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nh2489 View Post
    I think it really depends on each person as to which carrier works best. I also have lower back pain so although i enjoy baby wearing i can't do it for long periods. When ds1 was a baby I found a stretchy sling good then switched to a buckled carrier such as the ergo. I find the ergo very easy to put on and off in a hurry. When ds got a big bigger I bought a woven which can be very comfortable as you have a huge range of different carries you can try, but I just found it a but hassle so didn't really get on with it. Ended up making it into a ringsling instead which I used quite a lot with hip carries. I'm due in 4 weeks with new baby so I'm going to give the ringsling a try but havnt used it with a newborn yet.

I don't know about here but in the UK there are lots of sling libraries where you can hire different carriers to try as they can be pricey. As I've said everyone is different and what suits one person may not work for you.
    Thank you so much for your reply. I have looked into the Ergo based on some other comments on this thread but there were lots to chose from within their range. It would be great to try them out as you mentioned. I think I'll try and find a local Wrgo stockist and try them on - just to get a basic idea before bubs comes... Assuming they got over my belly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Me&Smooches View Post
    For that age maybe go with a stetchy wrap like hugabub, moby etc or a ring sling. Little Frog ring slings are priced super well. What state are you in? Can you look at getting to a sling meet to try different carriers and styles.
    There is such thing as a sling meet? So much to learn!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Joy View Post
    There is such thing as a sling meet? So much to learn!!
    Haha yes! You get to try on different carriers and see different styles. Often there are vendors there selling stock too.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&Smooches For This Useful Post:

Monkey Joy  (01-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Me&Smooches View Post
    Haha yes! You get to try on different carriers and see different styles. Often there are vendors there selling stock too.
    Cool, thanks. I'll goggle for my area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Cool, thanks. I'll goggle for my area.
    I saw from your profile you're in Victoria. If you search on facebook Victorian Babywearers you should find one

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&Smooches For This Useful Post:

Monkey Joy  (01-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Has anybody tried the mini monkey dynamic carrier? It looks similar to the ergo 360 as you can do a front carry but has an extra back strap and is quite a lot cheaper. I didn't get on so well with the infant insert with my ergo original and found it a bit lacking in head support. Got baby number 2 coming in 10 days and really want to be able to carry him around comfortably.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    No sorry. The only structured carrier I have used is a Tula.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nh2489 View Post
    Has anybody tried the mini monkey dynamic carrier? It looks similar to the ergo 360 as you can do a front carry but has an extra back strap and is quite a lot cheaper. I didn't get on so well with the infant insert with my ergo original and found it a bit lacking in head support. Got baby number 2 coming in 10 days and really want to be able to carry him around comfortably.
    In due with my first so can't give experienced advice but I didn't like the look of the Ergo Insert either (although love it for when she's a bit bigger). Therefore after some research and advice I bought a Bykay Jersey wrap to use for the first few months. I like that it keeps Bub much closer than the Ergo insert does.
    Hope that helps xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Monkey Joy For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (27-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In due with my first so can't give experienced advice but I didn't like the look of the Ergo Insert either (although love it for when she's a bit bigger). Therefore after some research and advice I bought a Bykay Jersey wrap to use for the first few months. I like that it keeps Bub much closer than the Ergo insert does.
    Hope that helps xx
    Thanks. I had my little one on Monday and so far I've used my ringsling a few times and love it for a newborn. It keeps them so close they fall to sleep instantly and as he's so tiny at the moment it doesn't really strain your back at all. Only thing that worries me a bit is that he's all curled up so not sure how safe it is for long periods?! Anybody have any advice on this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you seen the TICKS guidelines for safe baby wearing? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435821459.585857.jpg

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rusalka For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (02-07-2015)