+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 70 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    Yes, but there are so many different types! Was hoping someone here could make a recommendation... :/
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    He is only 8 weeks old (5kgs)...
    For that age maybe go with a stetchy wrap like hugabub, moby etc or a ring sling. Little Frog ring slings are priced super well. What state are you in? Can you look at getting to a sling meet to try different carriers and styles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    Have you looked on the buy sell swap pages on Facebook?

Well my partner left the pram in his car and he's at work. I need to get some shopping done so it looks like I'll be baby wearing on public transport for the first time... So nervous. I think I'll use the Tula as my Pelli isn't fully broken in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    Or maybe I should take her in my Bali breeze wrap.. So I can tie her into a trolly...

Ahh I'm so anxious!
    How did shopping go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Was a success!! I ended up using the Tula. She slept on the bus on the way home and I successfully transferred her to the cot! First time she has slept in the Tula.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi! I have this pretty making its way to me, yippee. I haven't been a big babywearer, just used the manduca for my ds when the pram wasn't practical, but I fell in love with this print a couple of weeks ago and scored a new one tonight. I wanted a ringsling for bub due in november so I'll try justifying it that way

DH can never know about this... Hehe. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1433071904.495113.jpg

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heids89 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (31-05-2015),sjk  (01-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Pretty!! I'll probably sell my RS. It's just not love.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel this is a slippery slope...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Heids89 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (31-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Heids89 View Post
    I feel this is a slippery slope...
    It's addictive..

Thanks
    Reviews
    So glad I found this thread. I'm due in September and want to snuggle my baby close to my hear. There are so many slings, wraps and contraptions to chose from. Can you please tell me where to start? What's your favourite? Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated. I do have some back problems so would love one that has some good support. Thank you ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Looking for other baby wearer's

I think it really depends on each person as to which carrier works best. I also have lower back pain so although i enjoy baby wearing i can't do it for long periods. When ds1 was a baby I found a stretchy sling good then switched to a buckled carrier such as the ergo. I find the ergo very easy to put on and off in a hurry. When ds got a big bigger I bought a woven which can be very comfortable as you have a huge range of different carries you can try, but I just found it a but hassle so didn't really get on with it. Ended up making it into a ringsling instead which I used quite a lot with hip carries. I'm due in 4 weeks with new baby so I'm going to give the ringsling a try but havnt used it with a newborn yet.

I don't know about here but in the UK there are lots of sling libraries where you can hire different carriers to try as they can be pricey. As I've said everyone is different and what suits one person may not work for you.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

Monkey Joy  (01-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heids89 View Post
    Hi! I have this pretty making its way to me, yippee. I haven't been a big babywearer, just used the manduca for my ds when the pram wasn't practical, but I fell in love with this print a couple of weeks ago and scored a new one tonight. I wanted a ringsling for bub due in november so I'll try justifying it that way

DH can never know about this... Hehe. Attachment 70443
    Oh I love Nevaeh!