+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 70 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra Ra Superstar View Post
    This is what I did. I found wrapping a newborn so much easier than using the Tula. DD is a bit of a smurf and still needs the newborn insert but I took the hood off it and just use the block part as it doesn't feel bulky at all and gives her that little prop up that she needs.
    I'll be doing this next baby around I think I had a friend give up on wearing because she couldn't stand the insert. Now her ds is 8 months she's decided to buy another Tula and give it another go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved my hugabub stretchy wrap when my DD was tiny. She was always calm when in there and I lived how easy it was to get it nice and tight. I also liked that I could pre tie it. It helped that the weather was cooler too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusalka View Post
    I loved my hugabub stretchy wrap when my DD was tiny. She was always calm when in there and I lived how easy it was to get it nice and tight. I also liked that I could pre tie it. It helped that the weather was cooler too.
    Totally agree. The hug a bub was our gateway wrap into the woven world I loved it. I would put it on before leaving the house drive to the shops and just pop bub in once I got a woven I would literally use the double cross carry because it's the only one you could pre tie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    Totally agree. The hug a bub was our gateway wrap into the woven world I loved it. I would put it on before leaving the house drive to the shops and just pop bub in once I got a woven I would literally use the double cross carry because it's the only one you could pre tie.
    Me too. I borrowed a friend's hugabub and am thanking my lucky stars that i havent seen her to return it yet. Im sick in bed with mastitis. 3 month old bub will only sleep if being held or worn - hubby came in and asked "have we got any babywearing devices that i can use so that i can take the boys out and he can sleep?" (Bless him!!) The ergo is on loan to a friend and my woven is too short for him (im a base 5. He's 6 foot). Gave him a quick tutorial on the hugabub and off they went. I did ask if he wanted me to look for a nice daddy carrier for him (i was thinking a boyish Tula or something) and he told me "I just want our back pack thingy one!!" (ergo) Wonder if i could use that as am excuse to get myself a Tula...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I reckon you could! Lol. Hope you get better soon! I didn't have the pleasure of breastfeeding but I do know engorged boobs are painful I couldn't imagine what mastitis is like! Great hubby though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies i have been reading along and have a few questions that I was hoping you could help me with... I have a hugabub which I love (dd is around 7 1/2 months old) but am wondering if its getting a bit small and if I should upgrade to a woven wrap or ring sling? If a woven wrap which type/size would you recommend to start with? I am also going on a long haul flight by myself in 3 months time... Which do you think would be best for the plane? Thanks! xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to elkaroo For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (24-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by elkaroo View Post
    Hey Ladies i have been reading along and have a few questions that I was hoping you could help me with... I have a hugabub which I love (dd is around 7 1/2 months old) but am wondering if its getting a bit small and if I should upgrade to a woven wrap or ring sling? If a woven wrap which type/size would you recommend to start with? I am also going on a long haul flight by myself in 3 months time... Which do you think would be best for the plane? Thanks! xx
    I love my woven the best. I have a size 7 but find it too long. It depends on what sort of carry you want to do as they require different sizes.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

elkaroo  (24-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    I used a ring sling at that age. I found it comfortable for the time frames i would carry. I used an angelpack and a mei tai too. Can you see if there id a sling meet near you, it would allow you to try different styles and carriers. I think size 5/6 seems to be a good start. For a long haul plane trip i am guessing a ring sling as you would need to take bub out through security (i think) as for starter brands i think little frog is a great affordable option.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&Smooches For This Useful Post:

elkaroo  (24-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stopped using the hubabub at around 4/5 months and used a mei tai. Now he's a year I also use my Tula for front carries and the mei tai for back carries because I can get him nice and high. We've been trying a woven wrap but it's not working. I've also been using a ring sling since about 7 months and I love them! Wish I used them from younger so quick and easy. We're also flying to Singapore in a week and a half so 8 hours and I'll be bringing the ring sling for quick ins and outs at the airport. Still undecided what I should use for the plane sleeps yet especially since it's overnight coming back.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjk For This Useful Post:

elkaroo  (24-04-2015),Mamasupial  (24-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Honestly for a long flight I'd use an ssc or ring sling. A good base size to start in wovens is a size 6 depending on what size clothing you are. Anything under a size 12 i recommend a size 5 anything over a size 18 i recommend a size 7

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LiterallyNoOne For This Useful Post:

elkaroo  (26-04-2015)