+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As a fairly new babywearer, I have some questions (which will probably sound stupid...but I'm genuinely interested)

- what drives your choice of wrap? Pattern? Material? Functionality?

- for those with more than one wrap, how do you decide which one you are going to use at any given time?

- how do you decide when it's time to sell one carrier/wrap for another?

- are there any good Facebook groups to join?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyChubbles View Post
    As a fairly new babywearer, I have some questions (which will probably sound stupid...but I'm genuinely interested)

- what drives your choice of wrap? Pattern? Material? Functionality?

- for those with more than one wrap, how do you decide which one you are going to use at any given time?

- how do you decide when it's time to sell one carrier/wrap for another?

- are there any good Facebook groups to join?
    Join the Baby wearing buy sell swap group. There is so many amazing wraps, carriers etc to just look at if nothing else.

Find a baby wearing group in your area. There is Perth Baby Wearers on facebook so maybe search your area and add baby wearers at the end. They will be a wealth of knowledge and should hopefully have meets were you can try wraps, slings etc from their library and get help with the different types of carries. Youtube is good too but sometimes having someone spot you can be beneficial too.

My choices are purely what i like. I have owned 2 ring slings, a mei tai, an angelpack full buckle and now a toddler tula on the way. I havent tried wrapping though wish i did when ds was little. I will if we decide to have a second bub at some point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I put a willow Tula on lay-by today .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamyMummy View Post
    I put a willow Tula on lay-by today .
    Oh pretty!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I already have a pink and white zig zag, so another one wasn't necessary...but I had the chance before it was out of stock so I took it, totally an impulse Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi im pregnant with bub no3 & there'll be a 2yr10m age gap. Im seriously considering baby wearing a lot more than ive done previously instead of a double pram. Question I have though is I like to walk 3km after school drop off. Would bub be ok in a carrier/wrap for this distance as exercise?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPopsicle View Post
    Hi im pregnant with bub no3 & there'll be a 2yr10m age gap. Im seriously considering baby wearing a lot more than ive done previously instead of a double pram. Question I have though is I like to walk 3km after school drop off. Would bub be ok in a carrier/wrap for this distance as exercise?
    Bub should be fine in a carrier or wrap for that distance. Look for something that is cotton. Little frog wraps are great starter wraps and are really well priced too. i think most carriers you would need to use an infant insert except for the manduca which has a built in insert.

What area are you in maybe also look for a babywearing group near you. You will get some invaluable help from there too

Eta. Just saw you are in WA. Have a look at Perth Baby Wearers on facebook too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps :-) would an ergo be ok? I have a sleepy wrap (similar to hugabub) & a cotton ring sling already. Will check out the little frog wraps also

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me&smooches we are in the same area actually :-) postcode is the same

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPopsicle View Post
    Me&smooches we are in the same area actually :-) postcode is the same
    Small world. i will pm you as there is a local group