+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 694
  1. #201
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    1,565
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    395
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Probably a stupid question, but whenever I see babies in carriers their heads always look like they are in a bad position, especially when they are asleep - tipped backwards or to one side or their face pressed into the wearers chest. So is it really safe to wear a sleeping baby? Considering getting a ssc to wear ds for all his day sleeps but I need to make sure its safe

    Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Very very safe its the only place my ds sleeps lol

    Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    2,408
    Thanks
    928
    Thanked
    468
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks ladies!! I actually want something that will last a while (if I cant get the day sleep thing sorted & the issues we are having in the evening then ill be wearing him for a long time to come) which is why i was looking at a ssc as opposed to a wrap - he's already almost 8kgs

    Good to know that its safe ill try to find a baby wearing meet to try ds in some carriers as he hates the baby bjorn & I dont want to buy something if he doesnt like it

    Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    1,565
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    395
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Thanks ladies!! I actually want something that will last a while (if I cant get the day sleep thing sorted & the issues we are having in the evening then ill be wearing him for a long time to come) which is why i was looking at a ssc as opposed to a wrap - he's already almost 8kgs

    Good to know that its safe ill try to find a baby wearing meet to try ds in some carriers as he hates the baby bjorn & I dont want to buy something if he doesnt like it

    Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Bjorns aren't the most comfortable or safest for bubs and you anyway. I lovvvvve Tula so much haha. My DS is atm 9kg and mostly worn in woven wraps. Cotton linen blend is my favourite atm because of the heat is was 32 here today! I have been wearing DS for every day sleep for the past few days he is teething and won't be put down

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    621
    Thanks
    1,324
    Thanked
    174
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok ladies so I need some advice. Ive been spending the last few days researching carriers and need help! There are so many to choose from, I did not even comprehend the baby wearing world until I searched!
    So as mentioned before I already own an ergo and hugabub. Im due with no2 in 7 weeks and am thinking this babywearing will help alot especially so I still get time with my dd (she will be 21 months when bubs joins us)
    I really really like the look of the tula carriers, kokadi wraps and would also like to try a little frog woven wrap as @LiterallyNoOne recommended
    So... would I use the woven from newborn or the tula?
    If tula, do I need an insert?
    Also is the tula as great and comfy as always raved about? They look beautiful with all their prints but are they comfier than an ergo?
    Im happy to hear any suggestions/recommendations but please keep in mind im trying to keep it budget friendly
    Looking forward to your replies!
    Tia

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    1,565
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    395
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by olismumma View Post
    Ok ladies so I need some advice. Ive been spending the last few days researching carriers and need help! There are so many to choose from, I did not even comprehend the baby wearing world until I searched!
    So as mentioned before I already own an ergo and hugabub. Im due with no2 in 7 weeks and am thinking this babywearing will help alot especially so I still get time with my dd (she will be 21 months when bubs joins us)
    I really really like the look of the tula carriers, kokadi wraps and would also like to try a little frog woven wrap as @LiterallyNoOne recommended
    So... would I use the woven from newborn or the tula?
    If tula, do I need an insert?
    Also is the tula as great and comfy as always raved about? They look beautiful with all their prints but are they comfier than an ergo?
    Im happy to hear any suggestions/recommendations but please keep in mind im trying to keep it budget friendly
    Looking forward to your replies!
    Tia

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Tula is most definitely as great as everyone raves and much nicer than an ergo but you will need an insert. I use rule for short shop trips and very long walks but women's for everything else so it pays to have one of each. Kokadi is much nicer than little frogs but little frogs are cheaper so a good starting point into women's. Then if you decide you like wrapping because it offers more versatility buy more expensive nicer wraps

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to LiterallyNoOne For This Useful Post:

    olismumma  (30-09-2014)

  7. #206
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,666
    Thanks
    1,961
    Thanked
    2,570
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My first woven arrived today! Unfortunately I'm flat out this week baking for my local show so I won't get to play.

  8. #207
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Perth WA
    Posts
    4,028
    Thanks
    1,002
    Thanked
    911
    Reviews
    12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Can't wait to see @amyd

    ♥ me & my little boy ♥

  9. #208
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    1,565
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    395
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    My first woven arrived today! Unfortunately I'm flat out this week baking for my local show so I won't get to play.
    Can't wait to see have fun with the show!

  10. #209
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,666
    Thanks
    1,961
    Thanked
    2,570
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    Can't wait to see have fun with the show!
    Attempted a double hammock today - big failure Maybe I should start with back carries.

  11. #210
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    897
    Thanks
    714
    Thanked
    313
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How big/heavy was your baby when you stopped using your stretchy and moved to a woven? My DS is 6 weeks and 5kg. I normally use a ring sling but over long periods of time it hurts my back. I finally got our moby wrap out yesterday and popped him in and it was so so much more comfortable over both of my shoulders but he didn't seem very comfortable


 

Similar Threads

  1. Which is best? Baby Swing, Baby Rocker, Baby Bouncer???
    By sarebare81 in forum Product Recommendations & Questions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 20-04-2016, 14:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Riverton Leisureplex
An Extreme Family Pass at Riverton Leisureplex is the ultimate way to cool off during the summer school holidays. The $30 Pass allows pool and waterslide access for 2 adults and 2 children, as well as a drink, popcorn and an icy pole for each person.
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Tribalance
TriBalance is a physio, yoga & pilates studio in Brisbane's inner north, offering specialised women's health physiotherapy services. Weekly pregnancy yoga classes are scheduled at the studio on Thursdays 1- 2pm and Saturdays 1-2:15pm.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!