+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Every night the kids and DH would have some kind of yoghurt, fruit, cake or ice cream but since I got a yonanas machine they have had some fruit combo each night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No dessert here. In summer sometimes I'll make a sorbet in the thermomix, but it's literally frozen fruit and frozen coconut cream whipped up with a bit of rice milk.
    Every now and then (maybe 2-3 times a year) I'll make something for dessert.
    Never have dessert when we are out with the kids. My oldest child's allergies means she can't eat any desserts so it would feel so cruel to eat dessert in front of her.
    DH and I have date night once a week, and we go through stages of having dessert on date night, and then not having it. It's usually high in sugar, high in fat, deliciously unhealthy goodness

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mkj View Post
    Most nights here. I call it supper and I eat it after ds is in bed asleep
    That's us also. It started when I was preg with ds1 (who just turned 6). It's such a habit for DH and I. After this preg I'm going to make a big effort to stop. We are both very lucky to have fast metabolisms (DH 65kg and me 52ish when not preg) so I find motivation to stop hard. But I know the sugars not good for us. Kids very rarely have anything after dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not really. Might have a bit of chocolate while putting the kids to bed but wouldn't class that as dessert. It usually fills me up too much. We were giving DS dessert but it started causing problems with him eating dinner eg he'd have a couple of bites then say I'm done I want my treat now even though he was consistently told he had to eat half of it at least to get dessert. It was causing lots of tantrums so I just stopped doing it. Unless we go out for dinner maybe. He gets something sweet for afternoon tea instead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We do when we have all 5 kids home (my two and DP's three), but not always when it's just me and DP. He grew up in a household where they had dessert every night whereas we only had it about half the time. So I've introduced DP to the idea that you don't have to have it every night. Sometimes he will have some and I won't (like if we've got ice cream).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    We have desert every night and aftrr most lunches. My in laws think it is funny when my kids ask for lunch desert.

Desert is not always sweets as we do cheeses, milk and some biscuits, a chili hot choc, fruit ect for after lunch. Very rarely is it sugar filled rubbish. It is just something to round off the pallet.
    Last edited by Maxwell's Silver Hammer; 03-07-2014 at 12:59.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxwell's Silver Hammer For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nah not often maybe once every few months

Me + DP 01.03.2010 = DD 22.02.2011 + DS 20.01.2014 = <3

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    DD has some kind of desert every night (as long as she has eaten all of her dinner, and it contained veggies. if we have pizza or toasties or some kind of treat/takeout etc that does not contain veggies .. no desert)

Desert is usually
    - small bowl of icecream or gelato
    - 2 biscuits
    - a couple of lollies
    - fruit (strawberries or mango that she LOVES)
    - a fruit smoothie
    - yoghurt
    - a small amount of chocolate
    - a cup of milo

just depends on what treats she has had during the day, and how much fruit and vegetables she has eaten.

For me - I try to stay away ... mostly a fruit smoothie. Occasionally I will have something ... and if we go out for dinner I will have desert sometimes.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Probably a couple of times a week for "real dessert" otherwise its just fruit if I want something else (I don't count plain fruit as dessert ). In winter I often make custard and have it with stewed fruit, and in summer ice cream or yoghurt with fruit too. I love baking but rarely do it, so probably when bubs comes along and I am on mat leave, I will be trying out all sorts of things and will probably eat dessert more often.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every now and then I'll buy something to have for dessert, like a cheesecake.
    My older kids ask for it most nights but all we usually have is some chocolate or they have some biscuits and milo.
    We do afternoon tea most days, sometimes morning tea.
    Can't keep ice cream in the house because my asd son is obsessive with food and he will just want it all day long until it's gone. I don't like it myself.
    We all have massive sweet tooths though. My kids got that from me :/