+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our kids have a tub of yoghurt for dessert after dinner. DH and I occasionally get something (maybe once a week).usually some chocolate

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We do& we don't look. Dh used to have it every night but now he doesn't get it unless he makes it look. Very rarely I'll make one, unless it's summer & there's icecream in the freezer.

The kids on the other had, every night they have some fruit after dinner, then a small treat from their treat box (a biscuit or a jelly snake etc). Or a piece of cake etc if one of us has baked.

**As you read this, you are traveling at 220 kilometres per second across the galaxy**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When we eat out then yes usually dessert to share. At home the kids always have some fruit after dinner. Occasionally some ice cream if they have a really healthy dinner without whinging.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have dessert a couple of times a week; sometimes things I've made, sometimes a piece or two of chocolate and we usually have mini ice creams in the freezer. DD has fruit with or without yoghurt every night or occasionally baby custard.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hardly ever see dessert at my place. even when the kids were small, if they noticed some dessert thing in the groceries, they would ask 'who is coming to visit. ?' only fruit if they were still hungry after dinner. I don't really think dessert is a necessary part of anyone's diet. Marie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most nights here. I call it supper and I eat it after ds is in bed asleep

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The kids have dessert maybe 2 times a week normally it's just an ice cream occasionally I make something.
    If we go out to dinner they always get dessert

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We do, probably about 3 times a week. But it's our sugar free home made icecream or a sugar free mug cake I make, so I don't count them as real dessert . If we go out we sometimes have dessert, but usually I'm too full from the main meal! I have however, ahem, been known to force down a sticky date pudding more than once because I reeeeeeally want it. Then regret it for days while I still have a sugar hangover. LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dessert most nights. I love baking so most nights I'll have a homemade dessert to have. I often substitute raw sugar and wholemeal flour into baking recipes. I have a monster serve after dinner, hubs a small slice and 10 mth old DD perhaps one bite. However she goes nuts when I give her some cut up mandarin after her dinner, she starts grunting and grabbing for it, it's by far her fave dessert.

For the last few nights at home it's been wholemeal date slice. Tonight it's Black Forest chocolate ripple log, bit tacky but only cos we have people coming over. There's homemade pomegranate ice cream in the freezer as well (thank you Nigella).

Just to clarify, we never have chocolate or store-bought desserts at home, as I just prefer making my own.
    Last edited by Piyamj; 03-07-2014 at 12:02.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Piyamj For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    At a restaurant I would have a dessert about 50% of the time. At home I don't have dessert as such, but I have to have something sweet otherwise I don't feel right. Normally a few pieces of chocolate or some party mix does the trick. My husband likes a biscuit with his tea once the kids are in bed. And the kids don't get dessert either but if they have eaten all their dinner they get a small lolly.