+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Driving Test

I am going for my driving test to get my P's in 2 weeks! I have had my learners for over 10 years so this is a HUGE deal to me! But I am losing sleep stressing about it and all the things that could go wrong! So please share your experiences from your test, what you failed for, how you stayed calm, what manourves you had to do etc. Any help is appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I'm a highly anxious, always on edge individual. I was in that state during my driving test..still managed to pass first go though.
    I did my test locally so I knew all the roads. My instructor took me on drives through all the routes the assessor used beforehand too, so I guess that helped.

I guess just try and stay focused, keep an eye on the speed limit and the dash, count 1,2,3 at stop signs to ensure you have stopped long enough.

I'm hopeless at parallel parking and even in my test I sucked and was quite out from the curb but still managed to pass. So I guess you don't always have to get everything 100% right.

Good luck with it!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to say good luck!

I dont drive now due to a phobia, but when I did take my test I failed the first time cause I missed a 40 sign at road works, so it pays to look out for things like that.

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did mine about 4 years ago; I had my L's for years too!

I like to tell people I passed the test first go, but technically I didn't, I failed! We got down to the carpark and she was testing my lights, as is the first part of the test. Turns out 2 of my brake lights were out; the one on the rear windscreen and the one on the spoiler. My car had even passed rego with these faults, I didn't realise it would be an issue for my driving test, but alas, it was! So my tip is to make sure all your lights are working!

Other than that I can't really remember my test! Good luck!

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Do you have a professional instructor?

I booked my instructor in for an hours lesson directly before the test and we went through everything one last time

My advice is make it really obviously when you are checking all of your mirrors, ALWAYS look over your shoulder and check your blind spot before any turn.

I had to do a 3 point turn but didnt need to do reverse parallel park (thank gawd, i suck) i was very pregnant and very nervous but the testing man was very nice to me and just chatted away to calm my nerves

Another thing! When you stop behind someone in traffic, leave enough room between you and the car infront so that you can see their back tyres touch the road.

Ummmm. Be VARY wary of your speed in school zones. Its completely ok to go slower than the speed limit.

Roundabouts and staying in your lines, your road placement is important dont clip a round about and stay inside the lines at all times.

Thats all i can remember.

Goodluck. You'll do great

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm glad to see I am not the only one to have been on my L's for ages!

I was seeing an instructor, I had 7 x 2 hour lessons but haven't had one for 3 weeks and won't get time to have another one before the test but he showed me the main routes so I guess that was the main purpose of seeing him lol. Will get hubby to take me out for a drive this weekend.

It's so weird though, I learnt how to parallel park in the instructors car but now I can't do it properly in my own car! And I don't have much time to get it right. Don't know how it can be so different in each car, or if it's something I'm doing....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Subbing...have had my l's for 10 years too and will be going for my p's start of August. Totally freaking out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Just*Ace View Post
    I am going for my driving test to get my P's in 2 weeks! I have had my learners for over 10 years so this is a HUGE deal to me! But I am losing sleep stressing about it and all the things that could go wrong! So please share your experiences from your test, what you failed for, how you stayed calm, what manourves you had to do etc. Any help is appreciated
    I was very much like you, but I only had my L's for 15 months. The nervousness and stress of the driving test nearly killed me!!! I did lots of roundabout practice, lane changes, parking practice and the like. I thought I was going to vomit on the day from nerves! Luckily I had a lovely guy test me and he put me at ease. Passed first go here and been driving accident free for 16 years now!

Good luck and please let us know how you go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck!!! My test is in 2 weeks too and I have bad anxiety over it. I'm 5 months pregnant and about to move to a house 20 mins from my sons school (we r across the road now) so if I fail we are screwed because there's no busses out that way. The added pressure is messing with my head so yeah. Mines booked on the 16th at 9:30 am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyrose View Post
    Good luck!!! My test is in 2 weeks too and I have bad anxiety over it. I'm 5 months pregnant and about to move to a house 20 mins from my sons school (we r across the road now) so if I fail we are screwed because there's no busses out that way. The added pressure is messing with my head so yeah. Mines booked on the 16th at 9:30 am.
    Good luck with yours as well! My DH just doesn't understand, he keeps saying 'it's not the end of the world if you don't pass' but that doesn't stop my nerves! And I know what I'm like, if I fail it's really going to knock my confidence and i will put off going for it again!