+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pepti Junior and milk protein allergy advice

Hi all

Im looking for some advice from some experienced mums. My newborn has silent reflux and is on Zantac and losec from about 4 weeks. She's always had problem with pooing almost like she's constipated. She was crying a lot and grunting when she was trying to push. That all changed about 8 weeks when she got diarrhea. She's now 11 weeks and still gas diarrhea. We have done stool tests for bacteria and sugars as well as seeing a Peaditric gastroenterologist who has diagnosed her with milk protein allergy and put her on pepti junior. She's been on that for a week and still no change. In fact now she has nappy rash. Can anyone help me with how long it takes to notice a change? I rang back the pead gastroenterologist today to get an appointment and I can't get in for two weeks. I'm now in tears wondering where do I go from here or should I give it more time to show a change? I'm not sleeping now cause I'm worried about her. Thanks for your help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It took my kids about 2-4 weeks to be totally free of all symptoms but they were a fair bit older when they started pepti junior.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

myturn  (02-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just to reassure you. My babies (both had CMPI plus allergies to soy, wheat, eggs and gluten through my breast milk) and suffered horrendous diarreah for many many months. Up to 30 explosive foamy green poo's a day! Try some dermaveen in bubs bath and bath twice a day and use plenty of bepenthan every single nappy change. Also use warm face washers (or cut up terry towling nappies rather than store bought baby wipes). Lots of no nappy time (we used to put ds down on a towel in front of the heater... With long sleeve top and socks on but no pants.

Hope that helps... Dermaveen is amazing stuff. It soothes skin and leaves a film on the skin that provides a bit of a barrier.

Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DS has same problems the pepti didnt help he ended up on soy but that had to be closely monitored because soy can have a cross reaction.

Me + DP 01.03.2010 = DD 22.02.2011 + DS 20.01.2014 = <3