+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 10 month old weighs just 6 kilos and isnt walking yet

Hi guys just saw the doctor yesterday and getting blood tests etc to see if there is something wrong but my son is very slim at only 6 kilos and I feed him a balanced healthy diet,
    he eats farax with banana and sometimes toast and some egg , for lunch, fish/veggies/ meat etc and same for dinner aswell as baby food and biscuits and he is breast feed and poos and wees regularly and is otherwise a very happy bubba...just don't know why he wont put weight on and if its something I am doing wrong?
    He is in the 3% range......worried mother.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds perfectly normal, just a small bub.

Don't be worried he's not walking yet, 12 months is average and a lot of bubs don't walk until after this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ds2 didn't crawl till 10 months! Then walked at 14 months and is now a very co ordinated 3 yr old

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD didn't sit up unassisted, crawl or cruise furniture until she turned 11 months and it all happened in the same day. She is now 12.5 months and isn't walking yet. She's 9.3kgs and is the same size as the 8 month old Bubs in my mothers group. Have never been worried about her.

Maybe you could try to start moving from Farex to Weetbix and introduce full cream cows milk on cereals?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Make sure its the low sodium kids weetbix..... my DS1 didnt roll or crawl then at 10 months he cruised and by 13 months was walking unaided. He was only 8kg at 12 months and the height of a 10 month old. At 4 he was in the 25th % for weight and height. His 2 year old sister was almost as tall. Every baby is different.... no need to stresd until there is proven reason to be concerned

Me + DP 01.03.2010 = DD 22.02.2011 + DS 20.01.2014 = <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not walking isnt an issue for many more months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My little girl is 9months and has only just hit 7kg. We were concerned as she wasn't gaining weight at all and was in the 3rd percentile as well but she has plenty of meals, bottles, the right amount of wet nappies so she is just a tiny baby. Is he gaining small amounts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son is 26 months and hasn't even hit 10kg yet. He's under the percentiles and didn't start walking till 12 months. He eats very well. Doctors are not concerned. He is developing well mentally. Hope it all is okay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The walking is no concern, still way too early.

You don't mention how many breast milk or formula feeds they have a day. At 10 months these will still be a vital source of nutrition for them. Solids will start to transition into becoming their main source of nutrition after 12 months.

You mention biscuits. Babies don't really need to eat biscuits. Are snacks filling him up stopping him from eating more of the vital foods/breast milk/formula?

ETA sorry re-read your post to see you breastfeed. How many feeds per day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't help with the weight, but DS1 didn't walk until he was just shy of 18 months!!! So theno walking thing isn't close to being a concern x