+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone else feel a sense of relief when they meet someone who doesn't vax?

I'm not anti-vax at all. I do not vaccinate my children but that's me. We moved to the area we live in now as we wanted different things once we had children and the way we ended up parenting didn't really suit where we lived. Now we live in our dream location and I met some wonderful mum's, one in particular we just really hit it off. Like I said I don't care if people do vaccinate or not, I don't bring it up but I was interested if this particular mum did or not. One day when a few of us were out one mama took the plunge and said who he's gone and got a CO and felt good about it as she wasn't sure if she was delaying or making the commitment to not vaccinate, three out of four who were listening to the story ended up fessing up and saying we didn't vaccinate either. One mum did but was so open minded and fine about us not which was great. Was just so nice to know I had found some like minded mothers and really down to earth, all of us. I'd never had that before!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Honestly i havent met any other mums who dont vax...i usually dont mention it cause im afraid ill lose friends. It would be nice to meet someone else in the real world who doesnt vax.
    Ive only told one of my friends and shes been supportive of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you mean. I have many friends who don't vax because I live in a low vax rate area and my kids go to a low vax rate school. There's an immediate bond and a sense that people "get" my values and what I want for my kids. I have 2 kids - 10 and 5 and I must say 10 years ago, not vaxing was much easier than it is now. People were not so judgemental and much more willing to live and let live. The media campaigns have stirred up so much hatred for non vaxers that it's always a pleasure to find others who think the same way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have been very fortunate that I know plenty. I have supportive friends who understand why we don't and that is great too.
    I know people who VAX who wish they didn't have to but the pressure is so strong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, this is my first time posting on bubhub after a good few years lurking. I haven't vaccinated my kids and haven't considered it even after the the recent changes to the ftb supps and childcare etc. The thing that has me really worried now though is my DS1 is due to start 4yo kinder next year right as the VIC government are proposing to not allow unvaxinated kids at kinder or childcare fullstop. Is anyone else in VIC (or NSW where I think this is already in place?) and faced with this same problem? I'm feeling so torn because my DS really needs kinder. I only know one other non vaxxer mother in real life so feel like I don't have anyone to discuss it with. Hoping some non-vaxing mums can provide some perspective on here for me. If you are faced with this issue what are you choosing to do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixiedust View Post
    Hi, this is my first time posting on bubhub after a good few years lurking. I haven't vaccinated my kids and haven't considered it even after the the recent changes to the ftb supps and childcare etc. The thing that has me really worried now though is my DS1 is due to start 4yo kinder next year right as the VIC government are proposing to not allow unvaxinated kids at kinder or childcare fullstop. Is anyone else in VIC (or NSW where I think this is already in place?) and faced with this same problem? I'm feeling so torn because my DS really needs kinder. I only know one other non vaxxer mother in real life so feel like I don't have anyone to discuss it with. Hoping some non-vaxing mums can provide some perspective on here for me. If you are faced with this issue what are you choosing to do?
    We have our first on the way and are not planning to vaccinate I just don't know what is going to be like once this poor kid goes to school it's getting bad in Vic...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only knew one woman who didn't vax her 4 kids and she was very full on about being anti -vax. I listened to her thoughts a lot. I decided to delay/select vax but I never talked to her about it as she was just too full on.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babybloom For This Useful Post:

Anasi  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybloom View Post
    I only knew one woman who didn't vax her 4 kids and she was very full on about being anti -vax. I listened to her thoughts a lot. I decided to delay/select vax but I never talked to her about it as she was just too full on.
    Yeah heaps of ppl are full on about it. I don't believe in it personally but I don't push my opinion on others. Everyone does what they think is right

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    Honestly i havent met any other mums who dont vax...i usually dont mention it cause im afraid ill lose friends. It would be nice to meet someone else in the real world who doesnt vax.
    Ive only told one of my friends and shes been supportive of it.

I completely understand how you feel when it comes to telling friends, I have sadly lost several due to the choice we made. I have a few friends who are due to have babies soon and am trying to find out ways to tell them that we wont be able to see them until bub has had their first lots of needles.