+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default New to IUI/AI (with FSH injections)

Hi All,

I am new to this forum, so thanks in advance for any advice. I will be starting IUI with follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) injections, followed by pessaries in the next few months. I am 38 and will be using donor sperm (and have to travel interstate do do this). I just received the results from my Anti-Mullerian hormone (AMH test) and which is low (<3). I was planning to try three IUI/AI before moving to IVF. I need to travel for work and am concerned about managing the whole process and keeping it confidential. I am also feeling a bit nervous about the whole process, so any words of wisdom and advice will be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hello,

Welcome! I hope your journey is everything you ever wished for I also did 3 rounds of IUI (unfortunately unsuccessful) before starting IVF. The whole process is pretty daunting at first (ie doing injections, doing early morning bloods and scans) but once you get the hang of the steps you will feel a lot more comfortable and at ease with it all. I too had a hard time keeping it from my work mates (I did have to tell my boss due to Insemination times at the clinic). I didn't have to travel though. This sounds tough, what states are you flying from/to? I think you have to do what your most comfortable with and if that means not telling anyone then I don't think it is anyone's place to ask where you have been. (None of my workmates every questioned me but I'm pretty sure some of them had an idea where I was). I hope this process works for you and you get your positive result quickly! Good luck, all the best!
    x

ME 28 Mild endo, Mild pcos : DH 33
    TTC # 1 : 3 years : OI x 3 BFN 2012 : IUI x 3 BFN 2012 IVF # 1 BFP! 2013 DS 29/9/13

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

Ancy  (01-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    P.S. Let me know if you I can help in any way or answer any questions for you. x

TTC # 1 : 3 years : OI x 3 BFN 2012 : IUI x 3 BFN 2012 IVF # 1 BFP! 2013 DS 29/9/13

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

Ancy  (01-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much TeamCarts. It looks like you had a positive result with IVF from your picture.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes we were so very lucky we wanted to try everything else first before we got to IVF but it was what we needed to do in the end. We are definitely glad we did! I hope IUI is all the assistance you will need. x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

Ancy  (02-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ancy, just wondering how you went? I start my IUI cycle on Thursday (tomorrow) with injections .. So so scared and nervous .. And makes it worse I have a needle phobia.. X