+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Any NZ IVFers here that can let me know private clinic costs?

Hi there,

My husband and I are on a public funding wait list for Aug 2015 . We have a son via IVF in Australia and are contemplating flying out 2 frosties to NZ to use before next Aug.

I've found some costs online around 1600-2650 for a frozen cycle which is ok but I'm blown away by the $14100 cost for a full cycle we would have to do if unsuccessful.

My question is - are there any cheaper full ivf cycle options in NZ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Chances I've recently looked into this and it's A LOT!! The cheapest fet I could find was over $6000

Something you need to consider is how many children you want. In NZ you don't qualify for funded ivf if you have 2 under 12 years old so of you want more I would save the frosties and wait it out til Aug.

I was wondering if it's possible to still qualify for Medicare and come back for cycles. It might be different for me though as I hold dual citizenship.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We want 3 so yeh we kinda just have to wait to 2015 August unless we can find a clinic that does it cheaper but it seems unlikely.

Pretty gutted and I'm going to ring up my NZ fertility doc who referred us and would eventually be doing our funding rnd and talk with him. I'm extremely concerned as my periods have stretched out to 35 - 37 days apart for the past 4mths and and only 4 days long, my amh was low 2yrs ago...I would hate to think what it is now.

Springwood near Brisbane do 800 cycles! It may be worth flying back and forth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm at the Springwood clinic, it's great. We did 3 full stim cycles for <$2500, no frosties. Might be worth looking into the Medicare eligibility although I have a feeling is residency based. Even qfg without any rebates is cheaper than nz.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were looking at moving back next year but have decided to stay purely for ivf :-( really wanted our babies to grow up with family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    From what I read we won't qualify for Medicare (fair enough) and they have no international fees.

Hmm will look into it more this wknd and perhaps give the Springwood clinic a call and see if they would send over drugs and I all the testing here and fly over for pick up and transfer...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you for hanging in there. We only moved back to be close to whanau and it's taken us 9mths to get going!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You would still need medicare to use Springwood. It is made cheaper through bulk billing. Def give both them and qfg a call for full paying fees. I'm guessing Springwood would be slightly cheaper add you're not paying for private hospital fees or anaesthetist.

Can you move back for a couple of months?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Google Fertility plus Auckland. I've found a pdf (at the bottom of the page) with private costs that look much better than $14000. If you want PM your email and I'll send it to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That Auckland place is by far the cheapest option thank you! shame it's still a 3hr drive for us but still doable.
    I've just started a new job so can't take anytime off and would need to wait for at least 3mths to make sure I make my 12mth service for maternity leave.
    We have been saving hard for our house deposit but maybe we need to re prioritise or lower our housing expectations.