+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Mmumm,
    My symptoms are quite similar to you, minus the incontinence. I have a moderate posterior prolapse (bulge, heaviness, bowel problems), mild anterior prolapse (no symptoms except some laxity in the front wall) and a gaping opening (due to stretched perineum and episiotomy).
    I'm off for posterior and perineum repair in 3 weeks. I had a long recovery from episiotomy and 2 x tears (7 weeks until I could sit comfortably), so I'm expecting quite a similar experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MKB all the best for your surgery! Can I ask who you are seeing at at George private? PM if you prefer. I need to start looking into mine I think.

Thank you for sharing your stories ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Mmumm,
    Thanks for the words of reassurance. One thing that I did not do was see more than one surgeon for an opinion, although I feel quite secure in my UROGYNs diagnosis. Where did you have your surgery? @Jenga I am seeing Dr. Emmanuel Karantanis. I believe he co-manages the Pelvic Floor and Perineal unit at St George Private, so seems well qualified and experienced in these issues.

I have been told I will be in for 3 days. How was your general health before surgery? I have been trying to build my fitness and strength before surgery - thinking it will make things easier in recovery... Any big tips on the hospital stay (what to take of my own etc)? On the home front, we will have a fridge full of fruit and veg, soups, movies to watch and books to read for the first 2 weeks. And of course, hubby to do all lifting and baby duties for as long as required. How heavy was your toddler and when did you first pick him/her up?