Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dd since 6 weeks sleeps 7-9 hours in a row
    I agree it sounds like 4 month regression

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    My first slept through 7-7 (with a dreamfeed at 10) from about 3 months. He was fully breastfed. Was never hit by the 4 month sleep regression. My current bub (4.5 months) is also breastfed and won't really take a dreamfeed and doesn't sleep through. Wakes 1-2 times per night. Although he did 7pm-5:40am this morning I was stoked but don't expect a repeat performance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Why do you want your 4mth old baby to sleep 7-7?

Errr....Because having a bub that sleeps long stretches is nice?... Gives mum a good rest ..
    - not saying a sleep through is possible for all 4 month olds. In some cases with some tweaking to things it's possible, not all cases though.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (07-07-2014),Purple Lily  (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Errr....Because having a bub that sleeps long stretches is nice?... Gives mum a good rest ..
    - not saying a sleep through is possible for all 4 month olds. In some cases with some tweaking to things it's possible, not all cases though.
    Because 'sleeping thru' for babies that age is 5hrs continuously.
    Because it's definitely NOT the norm for babies that age to sleep 12hrs with no drink/water. Then again my 5wk old did that so all babies should?!?!

And lastly there is a significant difference between a long stretch of 5-7hrs and 12hrs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    She was asking when will her bub sleep 7-7. Even 4 months of complete sleep deprivation is enough for a mother ti long for the day their bub sleeps through the night.

OP, there's no set time or average, ut depends on your bub and if you can find the magic key to his sleep needs. Some kids need to be fed or cuddled to sleep, some unfortunately do respond to CC or CIO. But funding what works for you and your bub can be hard, especially if what your bub needs goes against your parenting style.

The poop unfortunately not much to do there. Id recommend putting a handful of wipes un a snap lock bag and sleep with them under your pillow to keep them warm so there's less of a shock to bub when you wipe their bum at night.
    I was asking as in my family and social circle NO ONE expects babies/children to sleep 10-12hrs straight ever. I've noticed it's purely an Australian/UK/US thing. So if the OP is getting pressured by idiotic family members or MCHN she can tell them to get stuffed.

Ie I'm from India. My kids sleep too much for Indian kids and not enough for Aussie kids. So I ignore both sets.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (07-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Because 'sleeping thru' for babies that age is 5hrs continuously.
    Because it's definitely NOT the norm for babies that age to sleep 12hrs with no drink/water. Then again my 5wk old did that so all babies should?!?!

And lastly there is a significant difference between a long stretch of 5-7hrs and 12hrs.
    Maybe not quite the norm at that age but surely you can understand why a mum would be curious as to when her baby may sleep all night (7-7 mum and dad talk not the technical definition).

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (07-07-2014),Starfish30  (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I think the OP has a fair question I was devastated when DS1 got to six months with continued multiple wake ups. I honestly thought by then he would be doing longer stretches. The lack of sleep was awful for me. I really didn't cope.

Had I known that I should not have had any expectations re sleep I may have coped better.

Second time around I knew what I was in for and was much more relaxed.

Sent from my XT925 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (06-07-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (06-07-2014),Starfish30  (06-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is 10 months and still has 1 wake up around 4ish.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD started sleeping roughly 7-7 from about a year old. Nearly every person with young children who I've mentioned this to has told me how lucky we are. The carers and child care tell us how incredibly lucky we are with her sleep too. She's 21 months, and I don't know many other kids her age who reliably sleep 7pm-7am.

As a previous poster mentioned, 'sleeping through' at that age is considered midnight to 5am. From what you mentioned, he's been sleeping pretty well. Hopefully he reverts to that soon...but babies change. A lot. As hard as it is, his sleep sounds very normal for a bub his age.

As for the pooing... yeah, not much you can do unfortunately. Hopefully that pattern changes for you soon too.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

It is so hard ... it takes so much out of you and all you want is some light at the end of the tunnel.

As everyone has said - there are lots of different phases, growth spurts, leaps forward and regressions. Mostly you just have to go with the flow.

Pooping - there isnt much you can do. Babies digestion changes and grows along with bubs (as does your breastmilk) - so baby might be now digesting more of the the milk or whatever - and needs to poop more.

Hope you get some more sleep soon