+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question period like cramping,normal??

Hi this is my first pregnancy im super excited but scared at the same time from reading up on miscarriages. im about 4-5 weeks not to sure haven't gone to the doctor yet,i took two pregnancy test both came back positive.im having constant cramps in my lower abdomen maybe my uterus stretching.im just curious if it is normal,it doesn't hurt or feel like period cramps just a dull cramp.any advice will help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Some pain is normal yes generally if it's not excruciating or accompanied with bleeding it should be ok. If you are worried though I'd head to the doctor.

I'm 6 weeks pregnant and getting some pain too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I mistook that pain with both my kids as the feeling I get before period arrives, and had a bit of bleeding with both that I put down to a light period. Was 9&7 weeks before realizing I was pregnant!
    Dr explained the feeling is usually uterus stretching as it goes from size of a lemon to a grapefruit by 10-12 weeks.

Congrats

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your baby. If u really feel uncomfortable maybe you should go to your doctor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats! ! Yes period pain is very normal, it will proberley last a few weeks, if its any worse than a period check with ob/gp

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm also 5 weeks today (my first time too) and am paranoid about miscarriage, I too had really bad cramps for the first few days and was worried, but all gone now, except for when I roll over in bed at night.
    Congratulations, we must be due a few days apart

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Projectbub For This Useful Post:

MamaEve  (06-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectbub View Post
    I'm also 5 weeks today (my first time too) and am paranoid about miscarriage, I too had really bad cramps for the first few days and was worried, but all gone now, except for when I roll over in bed at night.
    Congratulations, we must be due a few days apart
    Congratulations
    i know it's hard but try not to be paranoid, the best thing you can do is relax and go with the flow. Your body will be stretching like crazy over the next 9 months and there is bound to be some pain! I cramped and ached my whole pregnancy, it's just part of the process unfortunately!