+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Fantastic idea! We get new books from the library each week when we go to story time, but some days we don't read any and other days we'll read half in one go. Hopefully this will be the motivation for me to get a little reading routine going

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Best thing we ever did was buy a story a day box, has been part of dd nighttime since just before hit first birthday. But will try to sit down and read at least one other book to her a day I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd like to join the reading challenge. DS is 11 months.

SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    terrific idea katiesmum. I wont join in, no one to read to in this house!. but I did read to my children every night, we joined the local library. and each child could take 10 books each fortnight, so we never had to repeat, but of course there was some favourites. my children were always able to read well and it is something they have never stopped doing. reading is one of the greatest things you can do for a child, and now I love reading to my grandchildren. I hope everyone gets on board this challenge. xx marie.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I love that this challenge gives me an excuse to go to the library . Ds has been lucky today as a friends little girl read about 4-5 books to him today. I'll read him one after his nap.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a great idea KatiesMum. I don't have any kids to read to yet, but I love anything to do with people reading to children and, then, getting them interested in books.

I always see some great articles and ideas on books to read to kids on the Read Aloud facebook page.
    We're already planning to get the StoryBook app once we are blessed with a baby too - it's one where DH can record himself reading a book on the IPad and I'll be able to use it to "read" to our baby while he's on his FIFO shift, to keep his voice in the house <blush>

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    terrific idea katiesmum. I wont join in, no one to read to in this house!. but I did read to my children every night, we joined the local library. and each child could take 10 books each fortnight, so we never had to repeat, but of course there was some favourites. my children were always able to read well and it is something they have never stopped doing. reading is one of the greatest things you can do for a child, and now I love reading to my grandchildren. I hope everyone gets on board this challenge. xx marie.
    Why don't you challenge yourself to read 10 or 20 minutes a day for yourself?
    That could also be a good challenge for anyone else who already reads to their kids every day- reading for pleasure is excellent role modeling, and good for the soul

Thanks
    Reviews
    So, the green sheep was ds2 book of choice. I love it also!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Goosey01 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (01-07-2014)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    DD is doing a project about space at school at the moment, so we read a book I had bought her about "facts about space"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm going to need to buy a few more books for this challenge!
    Only have about 10 :/