+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breast implants - normal silicone or Brazilian/polyurethane?

Hello ladies, I am a 42 year old mum of 4. After years of breastfeeding I now have no breast tissue (not exaggerating) so am looking at getting implants. I have already done about 2 years of research and I still can't decide which type of implant is for me. I know all the benefits of polyurethane implants, but I still don't like the fact that the polyurethane coating degrades over time and is absorbed into the body. I would love to hear from other ladies who have gone through the same decision making process - what did you end up choosing? were you happy? any tips?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends on what look you are going for as well. (Fake look or more natural) and how much breast tissue you have as to whether over or under the muscle is best, and with saline, ripples can sometimes be seen if placement is not correct/little breast tissue.
    Depending on where you are, most surgeons in Oz will only do silicone.
    I have textured silicone implants, and have had them for almost 5 years now. Mine are under the muscle and do not look fake at all. I will be getting a redo after kids(none as yet, been trying for 19months)
    Search for a good plastic surgeon and have a consultation with them. They will suggest the best for your situation. Gives you way more food for thought once you've had a consult. Even see a few drs so you can decide who your happy with 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's def a personal choice. I have Brazilian 440cc round moderate profile implants. The reason I chose these is because the polyurethane acts like Velcro and they don't move around the pocket after a few years. Capsular contracture is basically non existent with these implants too. In saying that tho, that's the only diff in textured vs Brazilian. I have plenty of friends who have textured and they are still perfect after 8 years with no complications. Although I got mine done before my dd so they arnt as firm as they were as my natural breast got bigger therefore making my breast sag over the implant slightly. So as for the implant they did what they said they would do and they haven't moved an inch even after all that. It's up to you and what your surgeon recommends. When I have a redo I will be getting Brazilian again. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I started off with Mentor silicones but unfortunately I developed capsular contracture so switched to brazilians about 36 months ago. I liked the fact that the risk of cc is almost zero and that once you've had cc you are more likely to get it again. I don't think the brazilians feel any different to the silicones and when I get a redo after children (I am pregnant with my first atm) I will go brazilians again. I don't think you will find a surgeon that does saline. I went from 375cc round HP to 420cc anatomical XHP. Defo look around until you find a surgeon you are happy with and if you get a referral letter from your GP you cam get a rebate from Medicare for the cost of the initial consult. Good luck with whatever you decide

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh. Forgot to mention I have 450cc HP Natrelle Inspira textured round implants. Dual plane technique.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have textured silicone, 350cc I think...under muscle. Love them, no drama and they look incredibly natural. I'm 35 weeks pregnant so my boobs have grown an extra 2 sizes (small E now) and they still look great if I need to re do them after bubs I'll do the same type.